x
Beta Member

ChatGPT and Square API- Natural Language to Code

I think I have seen that ChatGPT by OpenAI is capable of taking natural language prompts and creating code for Stripe API.  This seems like an incredible way for the non-tech person to be able to create integrations with the payments api.  Does anyone know if this same concept can be applied to Square API?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @apollohempire,

Thanks for writing in with this question!

ChatGTP is a hot topic at the moment, and I personally see many companies leveraging AI to make tech integrations more accessible. While we haven't made any official announcements on this being launched for Square API, we'll be sure to share an announcement once we have news on this front 😊 

Message 2 of 5

I've been using ChatGPT to provide recommendations for my inventory. It seems to have some decent ideas.  I would love to be able to integrate it so that it can acutally see what I'm working with and provide even more insight.  I can't wait to see what Square comes up with to allow us to use this software. 

Message 3 of 5
Beta Member

Thanks Arie.

What I would love to see is the ability to use ChatGPT to create custom sections on an online store.  For example, the main Square Website offers website sections like "Accordions" or "Click Dropdown Menus" or other webpage section types that are not offered through Square Online Website builder.  It would be so cool to be able to find sections of a webpage that Square uses on it's main website and then incorporate these sections into a website.

As an example, if you look on this webpage: https://squareup.com/us/en/online-store  down at the bottom before the footer there are three questions with dropdowns once you click the question.  This section would be really useful for anyone who has Frequently asked questions on their website.  As someone who doesn't know how to code, I can see that I want to use that webpage section, but have no idea how to do this on my online store.  Having a tool like ChatGPT to help provide copy and paste code would be really useful.

Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

Message 5 of 5