x

Customers can't select a pickup time anymore

Up until about two weeks ago, customers were able to select a time to pick up their order at our concession trailer. Suddenly, that option is no longer available when they check out?

I have my online ordering set to "Calculate and Assign Pickup Times automatically", with my hours set to when I'm open. In the past, customers could select the time they wanted to pick up their order from a drop-down menu when ordering, but that option is no longer available? I have tried every possible setting and get it to come back.

Any suggestions? What am I missing?

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

@FirebrickBread First, thanks for bringing this up!  As soon as I saw it I thought “that can’t be right,” and went to my Online Store and found out it WAS right! Lol. I did some research, including calling customer success on the phone.  It took a few, but I got it resolved.  Before I answer, I will say that that particular settings screen you mentioned is VERY VERY CONFUSING.  Strange terms and choices of words.  It definitely needs to be cleaned up and I’ll certainly bring that up to someone.  Anyway, here’s what I had to do to fix it (it’s pretty simple).

Go back to editing your location settings for Pickup & Delivery.  Scroll down until you see a setting that says “Do you want to let customers schedule pickup orders for future days?

Toggle this on.  If you want, you can change the number of days in advance customers can schedule pickups/deliveries.  Unfortunately, you can’t choose zero, which you SHOULD be able to do.  I chose 7, because I have no choice.

Save these settings.  When you go back into your store and create a test order, you should now see a list of times to choose from.

Like I said, it’s confusing and misleading.  But at least you can get up and running again.  I’m not sure why this should even work, but it does.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

Best Answer

@FirebrickBread First, thanks for bringing this up!  As soon as I saw it I thought “that can’t be right,” and went to my Online Store and found out it WAS right! Lol. I did some research, including calling customer success on the phone.  It took a few, but I got it resolved.  Before I answer, I will say that that particular settings screen you mentioned is VERY VERY CONFUSING.  Strange terms and choices of words.  It definitely needs to be cleaned up and I’ll certainly bring that up to someone.  Anyway, here’s what I had to do to fix it (it’s pretty simple).

Go back to editing your location settings for Pickup & Delivery.  Scroll down until you see a setting that says “Do you want to let customers schedule pickup orders for future days?

Toggle this on.  If you want, you can change the number of days in advance customers can schedule pickups/deliveries.  Unfortunately, you can’t choose zero, which you SHOULD be able to do.  I chose 7, because I have no choice.

Save these settings.  When you go back into your store and create a test order, you should now see a list of times to choose from.

Like I said, it’s confusing and misleading.  But at least you can get up and running again.  I’m not sure why this should even work, but it does.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 6

That fixed it - thanks! Doesn't make much sense, but it's fixed.

Message 3 of 6
Super Seller

It does not make ANY sense, even remotely!  But I know you were being nice.  LOL.  FYI I have filed a bug report, and included a copy of our conversation here.  I’ll let you know if anything comes of it.  The more I dig, the more this seems like an obvious bug.

Chip

Website
Facebook

जो है सो है
Message 4 of 6
Square

Hey @TheRealChipA and @FirebrickBread  - I'm one of the folks at Square responsible for this page. Sorry about the confusion! It's not a bug, but it's obviously not intuitive. I'd love to grab a 30 minute call with you today or tomorrow to chat about these settings if you'd be up for that (just grab a slot at this link: https://calendly.com/square-fz/pdfeedback?month=2022-08)

Message 5 of 6
Super Seller

Thanks, @faheem .  I just scheduled for tomorrow at 11am EST.  See you then!

Chip

Website
Facebook

जो है सो है
Message 6 of 6