x

Feature Request: Pre-order auto charging for WooCommerce , similar to other payment gateways

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Is Square working on WooCommerce pre-order auto charging similar to other payment gateways?

Currently there are several payment gateways such as Intuit, Chase Paymentech, Stripe, and FirstData, that support automatically charging customers on pre-orders.  When the product arrives at the future date, the customer is automatically charged for their order rather than the customer having to come back to the store and complete their purchase.  Is this something that Square is working on or considering?  If not, I may have to switch to one of the other gateways that already support this.  Thank you!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

This is a great request @diztracllc! I'm afraid we can't share timelines for when new features will be available or details about Square's roadmap here in the Community but I agree it would be really useful to be able to auto charge for pre ordered items. I'll share your interest in this with the team that works with WooCommerce.

If you haven't already I'd suggest reaching out to WooCommerce too to let them know that this is important to your business.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 3

Oh, They are aware.  There are several payment gateways that support this.  I was surprised to see that Square was not among them.  I've switched to Stripe for now so sales are not held up but please let me know when this becomes reality.

Message 3 of 3