x

How can I add a text box to a product in my online store for a monogram option?

I know there is a comment box at the end but that is confusing for customers who are buying more than one thing with more than one monogram. I know that with my previous online store, I simply called the company and the text box was added. I recently switched to Square in hopes to get all my inventory management in one place but the text box is a must for me to be able to add products online.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

I too would like this option for a very similar reason.

Message 2 of 14
Super Seller Alumni

Currently, there is no way of doing this with the Square Online store.  You could reply to them with an email asking for the information.  Yes, it makes more work.   The other option is to check out one of the Third party e-commerce solutions.

Message 3 of 14

I would like to insert a text box on my checkout page due to we offer a service and some time another person will make a payment on a student behalf.   We would like for the customer to be able to type in that student name to know who the payment applies to.

Message 4 of 14
Square Community Moderator

Hey @MrAcumen and welcome to the Community!

I merged your post with another seller's post who had the same question.

As @RHatch stated above, this isn't something you can currently do at this time so you'd need to reach out to the customer to get this information. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 14

Thanks so much for your quick response. 

Message 6 of 14

@MrAcumen - let us know if anything else comes up 😇

Joe
Message 7 of 14

I also need a text box added to items so that customers can type a message.  I am using Weebly as my online store.

Message 8 of 14

Hey @RS4,

At the end of your customer's checkout- there should be an option that says: Note To Seller where they can type a note there. 

Are they not seeing this at the end of Checkout? 

Ashley C
Message 9 of 14

The box is at the end of checkout, but it isn't helpful or efficient there.  Each item sometimes needs customization so there should be a way to put a note to seller on each item.  Then the customization is printed with each item on the order ticket which makes it clearer to the customer & the person making the order.  This issue is mentioned to me a lot by my customers.

Message 10 of 14
Beta Member

Agree we need a text box at each item or a way to specify quantity of a modifier

Message 11 of 14

Hi @SweetChixKitche 👋 Welcome to the Community

This thread is a bit old, and I wanted to make sure I'm understanding your request. You are looking for the ability to allow the customer to enter customized text for the item they are purchasing? 

Would a text box for Item Modifiers work? 

The text box modifier has only a few options: Text Box Label, Character Limit, and an option to make the field required. 

Hopefully this is what you are looking for, but please let me know if not. Thanks! 

Message 12 of 14
Beta Member

I want them to be able to enter special requests item by item as they order...so a text box where they can send us more information about the particular item they are ordering.

Message 13 of 14

Okay, great. I think the text box modifier option I suggested would work perfect for you. 😊 

From the Square Online dashboard, click Items > Site Items, then select an item you wish to edit. Scroll down to the Modifiers section and click Manage Modifiers. You will be able to create a new modifier on this screen (where you will see the text box option) or you can select an already created modifier. 

Here is the help article guide once more if you need to reference it. Please let us know if you have any questions. 

Message 14 of 14