x

How do I get a better item description for products sold?

I'm having issues with payments coming through with no item description, so I have a customer name and the amount they paid, but no idea what they bought.

I'm using Square as my payment processor for my website which uses Ecwid for the online store. Everything in my store has an item description. So if I download the reports from Ecwid I have all of my details. However when I pull down the report from Square, I just have dollar amounts, and it makes reconciling an absolute nightmare. 

In addition to selling tickets online using our Square account, we also do sales on the day of our event. Those items are listed in our Square store and come through just fine with the item details, so it seems like there is some kind of disconnect between our online website store (Ecwid) and Square.

Is there a way to fix this?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @ScottishFest!

Thanks for posting in our Seller Community. 

As of right now, Ecwid has built the integration to show something along the lines of "custom amount" when Square receives the transaction information. This is why you don't have line item details. Sorry about that. 

Ecwid manages and supports the integration, so any questions or requests should be directed towards them. I would contact their support team to see if their working on improving this integration. Thanks again for your post and let me know if there's anything else we can help you with! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 4

I seem to have a similar problem. We use JotForm, which integrates with Square. The payment comes through fine, but only as Uncategorized. Square Transaction Exports show category as None, but when I set up in JotForm, I know I created categories.

It's nice that the money comes across fine, but we need to know what the payments are for.

Am I doing something wrong? I missed something?

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

Hi @David2233, similarly to what @isabelle explained about Ecwid, JotForm manages the integration of JotForm with Square. If you've already followed these steps and things aren't appearing as expected, I would reach out to them directly to confirm that everything is set up right.

If they confirm that the categories are not intended to appear when payments are taken, and this is important for your business, it could be worth looking at other options. @ScottishFest - were you able to get your item descriptions to appear as intended with payments coming through Ecwid? 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4