x
Beta Member

How does Note to Seller show up for buyers?

I've been playing around on my published website, and I wasn't able to find the Note to Seller option as a "buyer" during Checkout. Is this something that appears after you've submitted credit card information/payment? I just want a better idea of how to direct my customers if they need to write a note to me.

Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hi, some of my customers were also struggling with finding the 'Note to Seller' feature. When a customer checks out through the main checkout flow (not Apple Pay or Google Pay from the Cart), the last frame is titled 'Review & Submit Order'. In this frame, customers have the ability to leave a note to seller.

I have some customers that love using Apple Pay for its convenience, so they'll select this option right from the Cart, but then they find themselves unable to leave a note because this option only exists in the full checkout flow. I hope this customer experience can be improved!

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Admin

If buyers want to leave you a note for an order, they'll have that option in checkout. Then you'll be able to see the note in the order details after the order has been placed @compalotart. Is that what you mean? 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 11

Best Answer

Hi, some of my customers were also struggling with finding the 'Note to Seller' feature. When a customer checks out through the main checkout flow (not Apple Pay or Google Pay from the Cart), the last frame is titled 'Review & Submit Order'. In this frame, customers have the ability to leave a note to seller.

I have some customers that love using Apple Pay for its convenience, so they'll select this option right from the Cart, but then they find themselves unable to leave a note because this option only exists in the full checkout flow. I hope this customer experience can be improved!

Message 3 of 11

I am having a heck of a time figuring out how a buyer on my site can type in a word(s) they want on an item they purchase from me?  It is there own personal words, not one I can choose or list for them to choose from.  Please help!  

I have a note at the end of check out for right now but its VERY confusing for me and for the customer especially if they are ordering more than one item for personalization.

Thank you so much!

Message 4 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hey @mlorello,

The note at the end of checkout is the only option you have for the customer adding their own note.

I'd recommend maybe setting up more variants to the item itself maybe for customers to select? There's more information on those options here from the Support Center.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 11

The note to seller box does not appear if the customer chooses google pay, apple pay, or has stored their payment information for square pay. This is the last step they see. All pay options should have the "Review and Submit Order" box with the "Note to Seller" option.

IMG_2305.JPG

Message 6 of 11

I'm having this exact same issue. Had it for a while. 

Message 7 of 11

Welcome back to the Community, @cgftw20

I don't have an update on this particular Feature Request. Once one becomes available one of our Community Moderators will post a Product Update with the announcement. 

Appreciate you taking the time to add your voice to this request for our Product Team. 

Thank you! 

Kassi
Message 8 of 11

Also wondering about updates to this feature request! We are trying to create a method for buyers to write-in details to help us with tracking (such as, registering their guest name for a conference). Drop-downs do not work for these scenarios, and the "note to seller" field is either not there or hard to notice when checking out. Please update!

Message 9 of 11

Our customers are made of mostly college students and they all use the e-wallets like Apple Pay when checking out on our online store and when they use this method they cannot leave a note. Would really like to see this revised and made more versatile for our customers.

Message 10 of 11

Heya @CourtneyF,

I moved your post to an existing thread where @DishPlz brought up the same issue.

I wanted to put it here so requests can easily be tracked for the Product Team in one place. We'll update this thread if that ever becomes available.

Ashley C
Message 11 of 11