x

Images blurry

Hi,

I have put my etsy shop in sync with square for in person sales. This works fine.

But product images on my online store (weebly) which is linked to square are blurry. I checked items in my square dashboard and all the product images are blurry as if they have been compressed or a lower resolution. My etsy shop is fine and all the images are lovely and crisp. What is the issue?

Message 1 of 87
3 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

@Akrasiboutique Thank you so much for sending those pictures in! I see what you mean, they look very pixelated. Are you uploading the images again from our Square Dashboard, or just syncing the images? You may need to use a larger image size and upload them into the Square Dashboard to see if that works.

For best results, your images should meet the following specifications:

• Photo dimensions should be square (same width and height) and 720 × 720 pixels.
  • Either PNG or JPEG files.

Please let me know if this works. If not, let me know what size of images you are using and the exact steps you used to get these images synced over. Thank you!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 12 of 87

Best Answer

It sounds like Etsy is pushing over Thumbnail versions of your images for some reason instead of the actual image sizes. Have you tried contacting them to see if they have a solution on their end that is faster than the one we provided?

I hear you that re-adding the image to all of your items can be tedious and time consuming, but that would be a sure way to resolve the issue. We don't have a way to bulk upload these images via CSV at this time, but it is a popular feature request that we are tracking. 

AshleyK

View Best Answer >

Message 14 of 87

Best Answer

I don't think anything we do will help the blurry images. unfortunately, from everything i have read on this issue, Etsy uses "thumbnail" pics and until THAT is changed, all the pics on square will be blurry

View Best Answer >

Message 44 of 87
86 REPLIES 86

Hi there, @Akrasiboutique 👋 Thanks for finding us here on the Seller Community! Happy to have you in the fold. So sorry for the trouble with your images!

I want to get some more clarity on your issue so I am reaching out to a few teams here on my side. I should be able to bounce back with more answers for you soon. Thanks for your patience!

Joe
Message 2 of 87

@Joe thanks! I look forward to it. 👀

Message 3 of 87

Thanks for your patience, @Akrasiboutique! Would you be able to provide some screenshots of the way your photos are appearing within your site? It looks like our ECOM team wants to get a closer look.

Joe
Message 4 of 87

@Joe 

I'll try again...

Here is a shot of my etsy site

site shot.PNG

Message 5 of 87

Item close up on etsy

geometric headband.PNG

Message 6 of 87

My online shop synced with square

site from square sync.PNG

Message 7 of 87

Close up of same item synced with square

geometric headband from square sync.PNG

Message 8 of 87

This is the same item from square sync on ecwid

ecwid from square sync_geometric headband.PNG

As you can see the item is compressed and shrunk!

Message 9 of 87

Also what does ECOM stand for please?

Message 10 of 87

👀

Message 11 of 87

Best Answer

@Akrasiboutique Thank you so much for sending those pictures in! I see what you mean, they look very pixelated. Are you uploading the images again from our Square Dashboard, or just syncing the images? You may need to use a larger image size and upload them into the Square Dashboard to see if that works.

For best results, your images should meet the following specifications:

• Photo dimensions should be square (same width and height) and 720 × 720 pixels.
  • Either PNG or JPEG files.

Please let me know if this works. If not, let me know what size of images you are using and the exact steps you used to get these images synced over. Thank you!

AshleyK
Message 12 of 87

Can you clarify this question?

'Are you uploading the images again from our Square Dashboard, or just syncing the images? '

I'm syncing the images as I explained. I didn't think that would be a problem as everything else transferred fine. 

I started my etsy shop first (before square made a deal with etsy) so I synced square to my shop. I then opened a weebly account from my square dashboard and that is when I discovered the problem. When I imported an image onto my dashboard product items they looked as they should but that is a lot of work. Also some of my images are square shaped and there is still a problem. 

They are all jpegs and I thought the whole point of syncing is so that I don't have to re-upload the images again onto my square account?

If that be the case is it possible to import a CSV file into square and sync that way? I noticed when I imported a CSV file into my ecwid account the pictures looked fine regardless of the shape of the image. That would certainly save me time as I have almost 200 products and more in images.

They are all larger than 720 x 720 pixels

Message 13 of 87

Best Answer

It sounds like Etsy is pushing over Thumbnail versions of your images for some reason instead of the actual image sizes. Have you tried contacting them to see if they have a solution on their end that is faster than the one we provided?

I hear you that re-adding the image to all of your items can be tedious and time consuming, but that would be a sure way to resolve the issue. We don't have a way to bulk upload these images via CSV at this time, but it is a popular feature request that we are tracking. 

AshleyK
Message 14 of 87

Hi @AshleyK

Yes I think that's what's happening too! I have contacted them and no reply yet. But I I do have a bulk load csv option with ecwid, so I'm working on my spreadsheet!

Thanks for the reply. I will update if I hear from etsy in case others have the same issue.

Message 15 of 87

@AshleyK I have spoken to etsy and they confirm that the image used as reference for each product is compressed. This is why they image quality is reduced. 

I found the best solution was to re-import my images straight into my online store...

Message 16 of 87

Thank you for this research, but OMG what a horrible solution! My whole reason for going with Square was for a seamless transition of inventory from the ETSY site to the Square. Why put this issue solely on the shoulders of a small business owner when the only reason we are here is because you (Square/Etsy) offered us a seamless experience with the avoidance of an additional task. If we wanted to sit her and upload individual pictures, we would've open up our own websites and did this all on our own. And it would look good and we would understand how to make it better.

If anyone is reading this from who has the Square Seller's interests in mind. Please, for the love of cats, make this a priority. Images are the single most important thing to the sale! Priority #1

Message 17 of 87

AkrasiBoutique, did you ever find a solution to this? I'm having the same issue with blurry images being imported from Etsy to Square.

Message 18 of 87
Beta Member

Squarespace recently announced an integration with Etsy, and I already have a Squarespace site for my fashion styling business, so I decided to give it a shot. Currently building out the template, and it's far superior of an integration so far. There are some things that are a little buggy, but it's much more seamless & also looks more sleek/modern/professional. I recommend giving it a try in the template phase, building out a live site that is PW protected/not able to be found yet. Pay for a month so you're able to import from Etsy. It's also much cheaper than Weebly/Square. 

Message 19 of 87
Beta Member

I contacted Etsy regarding this issue and was told it's a server request issue from Square (see screenshot below). 

What's the best way to troubleshoot this? I'm paying a lot for a website with square/weebly that's not fully functional, and I'm now also paying for square for retail. It's a lot of overhead for something not working properly. 

Thank you. 

Screen Shot 2021-01-29 at 2.31.03 PM.png

Message 20 of 87

I feel you @CoutureZen So etsy say the problem is with square and square say etsy. Please can you both talk to each other and resolve this? For me this issue is almost 2 years old now! Also inventory is still not showing up. All items in my store default to zero after sync yet the inventory is correct on etsy, that element of data is not transferring.. So frustrating 

Message 21 of 87