x

Images blurry

Hi,

I have put my etsy shop in sync with square for in person sales. This works fine.

But product images on my online store (weebly) which is linked to square are blurry. I checked items in my square dashboard and all the product images are blurry as if they have been compressed or a lower resolution. My etsy shop is fine and all the images are lovely and crisp. What is the issue?

Message 1 of 87
3 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

@Akrasiboutique Thank you so much for sending those pictures in! I see what you mean, they look very pixelated. Are you uploading the images again from our Square Dashboard, or just syncing the images? You may need to use a larger image size and upload them into the Square Dashboard to see if that works.

For best results, your images should meet the following specifications:

• Photo dimensions should be square (same width and height) and 720 × 720 pixels.
  • Either PNG or JPEG files.

Please let me know if this works. If not, let me know what size of images you are using and the exact steps you used to get these images synced over. Thank you!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 12 of 87

Best Answer

It sounds like Etsy is pushing over Thumbnail versions of your images for some reason instead of the actual image sizes. Have you tried contacting them to see if they have a solution on their end that is faster than the one we provided?

I hear you that re-adding the image to all of your items can be tedious and time consuming, but that would be a sure way to resolve the issue. We don't have a way to bulk upload these images via CSV at this time, but it is a popular feature request that we are tracking. 

AshleyK

View Best Answer >

Message 14 of 87

Best Answer

I don't think anything we do will help the blurry images. unfortunately, from everything i have read on this issue, Etsy uses "thumbnail" pics and until THAT is changed, all the pics on square will be blurry

View Best Answer >

Message 44 of 87
86 REPLIES 86
Beta Member

I am having the same issue, and I am looking to make square and etsy my mainstay in sales during covid. It's a great integretion with my in-person sales, but it's infuriating that I keep replacing my images with the high res version only to have them bumped off AGAIN when I sync my etsy/square accounts. I plan on having hundreds of items in my inventory, and I am selling high end items, so I would really like to have them represented properly. Please advise, as this is causing me many hours of added work. 

-Quirk 

Message 43 of 87

Best Answer

I don't think anything we do will help the blurry images. unfortunately, from everything i have read on this issue, Etsy uses "thumbnail" pics and until THAT is changed, all the pics on square will be blurry

Message 44 of 87

That's absolutely correct. Please message etsy and let them know we need this to be sorted. The more of us do, the quicker its likely to be resolved!

They have sorted SKUs now so thats something...

Message 45 of 87
Beta Member

Hello! 

I just integrated my Etsy to Square but every single image is blurry but clear on Etsy. I tried deleting everything and starting over. Didnt help

Message 46 of 87

Hey @Carterrrr,

I moved your post to an existing thread in the Community where another seller had the same issue.

@AshleyK 's best answer has some basic troubleshooting you can try to see if that resolves your issue.

If not- it'd be best to reach out to Etsy since it's their platform to see what other options you can try here. 

Ashley C
Message 47 of 87

Carterrr, did you have any luck finding a resolution for this? I"m having the same issue.

Message 48 of 87

Yes glad I was able to help! It was very frustrating. I was only doing square for a virtual convention that was being held that normally I would be a vendor at but obviously....2020! So honestly it just wasn't worth it to me to do it all again. I imagine that if you just individually create the listings in square without relying on Etsy as a Sync you wouldn't have that problem. Which at some point I might invest the time to do but for now I am happy with just being on Etsy and Amazon and maybe I will eventually make my own website. It does seem though if Square eventually wants to be a player in the handmade market that they (or etsy) will need to address this issue as so many of us are Etsy sellers looking for a second outlet to integrate with. Good Luck!

Message 49 of 87

well, i am having the same issue. i am going to check sizes of pics on etsy. but, even if i change the pic on square and it's clean. the next time etsy "syncs" to square, it is blurry again! GRRR. this is really frustrating

Message 50 of 87

Same issue here. I'm glad I read the thread. I have hundreds of listings. Looks like deleting and re-adding doesn't help. Looks like updating images will be a waste since it will overwrite my newly updated images when it syncs again. Hoping there is a fix. I am uploading on a Mac using Chrome if that helps. There must be something strange that a handful of us are doing to trigger this disappointing result. Hope someone can help! I just bragged to a bunch of other artists how easy and awesome the sync was, but with blurry photos, it's all for nothing.

Message 51 of 87

Well, I cleared my caches and cookies just in case. I tried syncing from Safari instead of Chrome, but still have blurry, pixelated images. Ill watch for a resolution. Is it possible it just takes some time for the images to upload and download?

Message 52 of 87

Coastal Wood, did you have any luck finding a solution? I'm having the same issue.

Message 53 of 87

i have not found any solution to this. and with so many items i was going to list, i did not want to continuously update individual  photos on square. I do still have a square site, but do not use it. i list my items there for when i sell in person. i disabled the sync from etsy to square. i created a WIX website (thanks to a 50% off coupon they had available). however, you have to upload a special version of a CSV form to sync items. so even though the website is getting found more on google, i'm still searching for something that syncs well with etsy. 

bottom line, etsy uses thumbnail pics and that is what gets synced. so they will always be blurry

Message 54 of 87

I am not using Etsy to sync but I am having the same issue with the blurry images after uploading the pics directly from my computer.

I found a solution!!.  It's the "Zoom In" feature that's screwing this up.  Uncheck the "Allow Zoom into Image" box.  That fixed it for me.

BlurryImages.jpg

Message 55 of 87

what page is this on? to turn off that feature? 

Message 56 of 87

i don't think there really is anything to do. etsy uses thumbnail photos. and i don't think there is a way to change that. 

Message 57 of 87

It's the section where you edit the product layout.  Pick any product under the page list in the left column of the website editor and the changes to that one will reflect in all of them.

This worked if you were just uploading the product images directly from your computer.  Syncing with Etsy sounds like a headache.  Syncing from Square POS to Square online is no picnic either.  There's a lot of double work.

You may need to go into each product after you sync with Etsy and re-upload the original images from your computer.  Just make sure that zoom in feature is turned off.

Good luck.

Message 58 of 87

Where is the zoom feature--in Etsy or Square? Could you send a screenshot where I can find that? Unfortunately, I was warned by another user that if I upload the images from my computer to Square, they will be overwritten with the blurry images again next time I sync, so I really don't want to go through that with 300 listings--that would be traumatizing!

Actually, the sync was amazingly easy--just two buttons and it was done. Everything came across wonderfully except these darn images and the only feedback I'm getting from Etsy is the canned info about how to sync. 

Message 59 of 87

Whoops, sorry--I just saw your above screenshot with the zoom feature located in Square--thank you for taking the time to post that info!  I'm checking it now...

Message 60 of 87

OK, I found the area. I was looking in Home > Online> Items > Item Library. But it's actually in Home > Online > Website > Edit Site > Then select Page > Shop All Then Select Item List > Item Images. I can see any changes there impact all the listings.

I was hoping I could just uncheck the zoom, but unfortunately, I don't have the zoom option on my screen. Maybe because I have the basic plan?  Wondering if I upgrade if I get the zoom option and can then uncheck. SO frustrating. Thanks for the suggestions gymratsinc.

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 10.23.55 AM.png

Message 61 of 87

You're on the page edit view.  You can only edit how the product images look as a grid or grouping on the "category" page. You need to be on the actual product page where the right panel is the preview of the product page (not the category page).  Then you'll see the zoom option for the image.

You don't need to upgrade to see that.

Message 62 of 87

Gymratsinc, what level Square do you have if you don't mind me asking? I tried to upgrade to the $12 plan to see if that activated the zoom option, but it didn't. I still have the same screen options.

Message 63 of 87