x

Images blurry

Hi,

I have put my etsy shop in sync with square for in person sales. This works fine.

But product images on my online store (weebly) which is linked to square are blurry. I checked items in my square dashboard and all the product images are blurry as if they have been compressed or a lower resolution. My etsy shop is fine and all the images are lovely and crisp. What is the issue?

Message 1 of 87
3 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

@Akrasiboutique Thank you so much for sending those pictures in! I see what you mean, they look very pixelated. Are you uploading the images again from our Square Dashboard, or just syncing the images? You may need to use a larger image size and upload them into the Square Dashboard to see if that works.

For best results, your images should meet the following specifications:

• Photo dimensions should be square (same width and height) and 720 × 720 pixels.
  • Either PNG or JPEG files.

Please let me know if this works. If not, let me know what size of images you are using and the exact steps you used to get these images synced over. Thank you!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 12 of 87

Best Answer

It sounds like Etsy is pushing over Thumbnail versions of your images for some reason instead of the actual image sizes. Have you tried contacting them to see if they have a solution on their end that is faster than the one we provided?

I hear you that re-adding the image to all of your items can be tedious and time consuming, but that would be a sure way to resolve the issue. We don't have a way to bulk upload these images via CSV at this time, but it is a popular feature request that we are tracking. 

AshleyK

View Best Answer >

Message 14 of 87

Best Answer

I don't think anything we do will help the blurry images. unfortunately, from everything i have read on this issue, Etsy uses "thumbnail" pics and until THAT is changed, all the pics on square will be blurry

View Best Answer >

Message 44 of 87
86 REPLIES 86

I am experiencing the exact same issue. As my Etsy listings have up to 40 variants per listing and my store (currently) has 50 items, downloading every single variant, labeling them, and then re uploading them is rather tedious I sure hope a solution can be found quickly! I am not looking forward to downloading and labeling 2000 images. This issue honestly is keeping me from upgrading my site to anything above the free version

Message 64 of 87

I wish I would have seen this thread! I feel so deceived! 

Message 65 of 87
Beta Member

Same. I have wasted a lot of time and money due to this issue. 

Message 66 of 87

I just talked to customer service again and got the default answer. Julio was very kind and understood my frustration so he elevated the ticket so someone in web development (I think) will come back with a better solution than sending you to Etsy to get shot down once again. 

I still feel deceived that square has not made this a priority to fix as this was a huge selling point for me to leave my hosting to come here. 

Message 67 of 87
Beta Member

SAME! I am planning on doing a couple of huge product launches that would make Square a lot of % from for processing, but I currently cant see the viability with that as this stands. It's extremely frustrating knowing that I am spedning $60+/month (nearly $700 annually) on something this worthless. It's beyond disappointing. 

Message 68 of 87

Did anyone ever get an update on this? I've been having this same issue syncing my Etsy shop to my Square (weebly) website. I thought it was just me but now I see it has been an ongoing issue for over a year... Definitely making me reconsider this website that I'm paying for.

Message 69 of 87

The issue appears to be on etsy's side as they are the ones compressing the image as in sending over thumbnails as opposed to the actual image. But it doesn't seem to be a priority for them as it is outside of their perview and doesn't directly affect etsy!

Message 70 of 87

That's a bummer! I really enjoy the syncing feature. It would be nice if Etsy would fix it but like you said, it doesn't affect them. 

Message 71 of 87

I can honestly tell everyone that since I just had a few other issues and had to contact Etsy (luckily, they actually replied to emails rather quickly) when we were done getting things squared away, I asked them about the blurry pic issues. They are well aware of it and they are trying to resolve it. so i have been told. it's up to Etsy to straighten it out, other than waiting, there is nothing else you can do for this. 

Message 72 of 87

Thank you for actually forcing them to do something about it!!

Message 73 of 87

almost a year later and images are still blurry on Square, and it seems I can't upload an item only to square to sell on FB (exclusively for local people) either, it shows I have no stock. So frustrating, I've lost two hours trying to figure things out, I'm about to give up.

Message 74 of 87
Beta Member

Switch to Sqaurespace or get a custom built WP site

Message 75 of 87

I'm having the same issue. Every time it syncs my etsy listing the pictures are all blurry. I then have to upload the pictures manually into square. However, when it syncs again the pictures are all blurry again. Even the ones that I already fixed. How is it that 2 years later this is still an issue? It is one thing after another trying to get this website up. I've had it. Switching to another company.

Message 76 of 87

There is a place, I believe in Square settings, to specify the sync will only bring over information, not photos. It will spare you the dreaded overwrite. Good luck!

Message 77 of 87
Beta Member

Anyone have an answer on this blury image syncing issue.

Other than just manually upload items which negates the sync function

Repair and Service Business
Message 78 of 87

Welcome to the party Velotecsports. It appears Etsy blames Square and Square blames Etsy and no one cares enough about our situation to resolve it. If it helps, I was really resistant to uploading my three hundred images, but since they were already organized, it only took about an hour. If I remember, the order is:

1. Turn on sync in Etsy & transfer the listings with the crapped out images. 

2. Log into Square and upload the corrected images.

3. Turn off sync in Etsy. 

4. Somewhere, I can't remember if it's in Square or Etsy, you can set the sync to bring over all info but photos. I think it's on the Square side.

After you turn that on, you can keep your sync turned on. It does save time to have the sync pull the listings over. But, yeah, it's completely frustrating that the image issue can't be resolved after all this time. 

Message 79 of 87
Beta Member

Great. Thats annoying

Have started to sync this site and testing the sync function.

https://woodexpression.square.site/

With

https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/WoodExpressionCo

It appears it pulls the images then creates a thumbnail 1 to 1 at 75 x  75 size.

see here an uploaded image inside etsy and then an image uploaded inside etsy. 

20221123_153154.jpg

20221123_153137.jpg

Message 80 of 87

Yes, you're just getting caught up with the rest of us. We all go through the same experience and get the same information from Etsy and Square. Once you get to the stage of talking to the support lines on Square and Etsy, they will tell you they are drawing from the thumbnails instead of from the route image. That's all they tell us. They don't offer a solution, even though they know what the issue is. It's kind of like being in Hell. The sooner you accept your fate, the quicker the pain ends. 

Message 81 of 87
Beta Member

can we not write a new api feed or edit the one that exists?

Message 82 of 87

If Etsy offers the option to develop integration you might be able to develop an integration yourself. I know Square does allow you to connect to their services via API but you would need to make both services speak to each other.  I recommend visiting our Developer Portal to learn more @velotecsports

JJ
Message 83 of 87

This is the best solution until etsy stop using compressed files for the data transfer. Unfortunately after my initial experience I realise as makers we don't have time to get into the drama. It's best to just get on with it. Perhaps in the future this will be addressed but I doubt it's a priority. 

Message 84 of 87