x
Beta Member

Is the online store editor API documented somewhere?

I am trying to automate setting up the list of items and inventory in the online store from our own system, and I haven't really found where the API to do that is documented. I did see that the store editor uses some endpoints that look like the usual square endpoints (e.g. https://squareup.com/api/v1/shop/update-label) but didn't find an obvious place where those are listed.

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

The features you're looking for aren't available I'm afraid - any documented APIs are for public use, but anything that isn't documented isn't available for everyone to use just yet. I'm sorry for the late reply here too! If you need help getting started you might find StackOverFlow or Square Developer's Slack Workspace helpful! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Hey @orik! If you're looking to update a list of items and inventory with Square APIs you'll need to use our Catalog API for items and Inventory API for adjusting quantities. The documentation for Catalog is here: https://developer.squareup.com/docs/catalog-api/what-it-does, and documentation for Inventory is here:
https://developer.squareup.com/docs/inventory-api/what-it-does

Let me know if you have any other questions! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

Thank you @Helen 

I'm aware of the catalog and inventory api, but I am asking about something slightly different - when setting up the online store via the store builder in the square site or app, you choose which items are going to be displayed in the shop and which sections they will be displayed in. In our case out of many dozens of items we only make visible around 10 items daily.

Looking under the hood, the store builder uses square api calls to end points that are not documented as far as I can tell (such as the one I mentioned in my original post). I was wondering if there's any documentation or support for those end points, as I would like to push the products to the store using our in house app that also generates menus and performs other tasks. 

Message 3 of 7
Admin

Best Answer

The features you're looking for aren't available I'm afraid - any documented APIs are for public use, but anything that isn't documented isn't available for everyone to use just yet. I'm sorry for the late reply here too! If you need help getting started you might find StackOverFlow or Square Developer's Slack Workspace helpful! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 4 of 7
Beta Member

No worries @Helen , I'll just reverse engineer it and hope it doesn't change too often.

Message 5 of 7
Admin

👍 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 6 of 7

I am also wanting to change visibility of items in our online store using an api call. Please make this available soon.

Message 7 of 7