x

My inventory is not syncing randomly

Hi,

I added several items to my shop for the holiday season. A couple of the items work correctly online, but the rest show as not available. I have checked all fulfillment boxes, checked inventory, turned off "new items not available online" and yet I still cannot get the troublsome online items to have inventory. For example, for "plain wreath" it shows a dash for inventory on the online items, and when I click on it to add inventory, it tells me there are 12!  Nothing seems to fix it. Pleas help, I am already losing sales. Thank you. 

Message 1 of 12
2 Best Answers

Best Answer

HI, that happened to me before.  Is the Track Stock radio button on?  For some reason that button turns off.

update stock.png

Hope this helps!

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Resale Collection - http://bit.ly/HangerHues

Hope This Helps!
TERRI

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 12

Best Answer

I finally called customer support and got a ticket to talk to a tech support person. It turned out that I had to indicate the location of the item in the setup. For example, if you had two shop locations, you had to pick the one that you were putting online. It's confusing, and I know I'm not explaining it well. But it did solve the problem. 

View Best Answer >

Message 11 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Best Answer

HI, that happened to me before.  Is the Track Stock radio button on?  For some reason that button turns off.

update stock.png

Hope this helps!

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 12

Hi!

Thanks for the reply. 

I did try that.  For some reason, once the link was broken, I had to delete and start over. I made sure to save my item in the square dashboard, then add the stock, save again, THEN go to the online section, and that seems to have worked.  I abandoned trying to add items on the website first; this is where the random not-synching would happen. 

Message 3 of 12

HI, I believe if you are utilizing the Online Store, add inventory on the Online Dashboard.  The sync adds inventory correctly.  There may be a sync delay but will sync correctly.

Hope this helps!

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 4 of 12

I went back to my online store today. EVERYTHING is now out of stock. I actually watched it show the correct amount in items in square, to the correct amount in items in online, to "out of stock" on the website view, and then when I went back to items online, the correct inventory was gone. 

I am beyond frustrated! 

How do I delete my website? 

Message 5 of 12
Square Community Moderator

@HolidayFarm I'm really sorry to hear this is happening. You may want to try unpublishing and republishing your website under Site Settings to see if that helps.

Unfortunately, there is not a way to delete your website entirely, so you will need to leave it unpublished if you don't want to use it anymore.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 12

I found a way to reset to default and start over. 

However, when I went back in, it still does not work. The item is listed as not available to the public, but when editing the online item info, it shows 6 available online. This is beyond frustrating. 

Message 7 of 12
Beta Member

I'm running into the same issue, to the point that I'm considering giving up on Square all together. The sync delay is way too long and also does seem to randomly just stop working.

Message 8 of 12

We are having the same problems. It is beyond frustrating. Usually a workaround is to add it into Online first, but even that is not working anymore. I wonder if we both have older setups of Square website + Square Online + Square dashboard because my friend who has a newer Square retail site has a completely different dashboard and workflow and none of these problems.

Message 9 of 12

Also now Help thinks my problem is solved. SO NOT SOLVED! Get an actual community help line Square!

Message 10 of 12

Best Answer

I finally called customer support and got a ticket to talk to a tech support person. It turned out that I had to indicate the location of the item in the setup. For example, if you had two shop locations, you had to pick the one that you were putting online. It's confusing, and I know I'm not explaining it well. But it did solve the problem. 

Message 11 of 12

You are not alone!  I've been having the same issue, and it's driving me up a wall.  I deleted a second location ages ago, I'm wondering if it's still wonking up the works.

Message 12 of 12