x

Online Checkout Links Lead to 404 - Page Not Found

About a week ago I created an online checkout link for one of my digital documents.

It worked perfectly when I added it's URL in a button on my WordPress website.

Today I decided to offer a variation (with and without support) for two different price points on that item but the checkout link didn't update to reflect the variation options. It only offered the original price point, even at check out.

I decided to create an individual item for the variation, and I set up a checkout link for it, but it leads straight to a 404 - Page not Found.

I deactivated and recreated the new checkout link twice, and I tried opening the link in a new browser window to no avail.

Am I not allowed to have more than one online checkout link? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

Hey there @AngelaDavisVS, and welcome to the Seller Community!

Checkout links are only available for items with fixed price points. Since you are trying to get a checkout link for an item with a variable price, that would explain why you are not seeing the variable price options at checkout. 

I would recommend creating one item without support, and a separate item with support if you'd like to use a checkout link for both items. We've got a really helpful FAQ page about checkout links, but if you still need help, please reach out!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

I have this problem too.  Checkout links that are 404.  Nothing seems to make them work.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

@DBGraphics Sorry to hear that! Can you confirm for me if the items are enabled for all locations? What other troubleshooting have you tried?

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4