x

Online Checkout - Saving Customer Card Info

We're considering Square's Online Payments API for our e-commerce website.

It seems to support saving a customer's credit card as part of checkout, but we prefer to mention this elsewhere rather than in an explicit checkbox at checkout as Square "requires." Do they enforce checkout only working with that checkbox?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hi @tyler-aloha. Awesome to hear that you're looking to use our service!

There's unfortunately not a way to move that section. It stays on the checkout page.

Feel free to reach out if you come up with any other questions.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 6

I just setup the BigCommerce integration, and I don't see a checkbox at checkout for the customer to select whether to save their card. Once the transaction went through, I don't see the card saved either in BC or in the Square dashboard, and when I try checking out again as the same user it doesn't show the saved credit card on the frontend.

How can I enable credit card saving for the BC integration?

Thanks.

Message 3 of 6
Admin

@tyler-aloha My apologies. I thought you were using Weebly.

You'll want to reach out to BigCommerce for some guidance since they're the ones who handle the integration. I'd recommend getting a case number from them when you reach out just in case they need to sync with one of our team members.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 4 of 6

If they save their card at a link from an online checkout button, are we charged at the higher per charge rate as we would for "card on file?"  If so, this seems like extortion, since you are forcing us to make a service available that costs us more.

I should have complete control over how I want to accept payments.

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hello @jcmaedl and welcome to the Seller Community 

Cards saved by your customers have the same processing fees as cards on file. At this time you don't incur any additional fees.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6