x
Beta Member

Online Store not working with Safari

We have had a number of customers report when using an Apple product and safari, they can not add anything to the their cart on our online store. We tried it using Chrome and Firefox, and it worked fine. When we tried it on our Ipad we confirmed the issue the customers are seeing. Items are not loading properly and being added to the cart.

We are running the store in iframes, but we have also confirmed the issue on the square direct link.

Our site is https://www.21barrels.com/copy-of-our-cider-wine-1

https://21barrelswine.square.site

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Admin

Hey @21barrels- Thanks for bringing this up. 

I know Weebly and Apple were experiencing some linking issues a few weeks ago but they should've been fixed. Since it looks like you're still running into the same troubles we were having not too long ago, I'd go ahead and reach out to the team so they can investigate and create a ticket if needed.

Sorry for the trouble.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 21

Hi - is there an estimate when this will be resolved? I just switched from squarespace only to find this issue when I was testing. 

Message 3 of 21

We're having this issue too -- just started happening today to my knowledge. When customers try to add an item to their cart, they see an error message that says, "Select a pickup location to add to cart" and even though the Store pickup is selected, the Add to Cart button is grayed out. 

We have two store sites -- one works in Safari, one doesn't work (https://colmonis-specialorder.square.site/). Any thoughts? We're kind of in a time crunch here as these orders are for Thanksgiving...

Message 4 of 21
Square Community Moderator

Hi @colmonis - thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Seller Community. Happy to have you join us! So sorry to hear about the trouble with Safari and your Online Store.

We would recommend giving a shot to these specific troubleshooting steps listed in this resource. They will insure that not only your browser, but also that your device itself, is running its most up-to-date version of its software. Often times, previous software versions can create glitches and performance issues.

Keep me updated on your progress!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 21

Customers are still having issues when trying to order through the online store using Safari. How can me address the issues with them

Message 6 of 21
Admin

What issues exactly are they experiencing @droidbaker?

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 7 of 21

As of December 28, 2021 this problem still exists. Only on Safari on iPhone. Every other browser and device I've tried works. Unfortunately, many people use Safari on their iPhones, as it's the default browser. 

Message 8 of 21

Happy to look for more updates related to this issue @riddimBank. If we have more to provide, we will make sure to post our findings here. 

Thanks for your feedback. 

Have a good day. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 9 of 21

The fix was to go to Settings > Safari > tap "Clear History and Website Data"

Message 10 of 21

Hi I'm having the same issues - is there any update to this fix?

Message 11 of 21

Hey there, @mcapro

Welcome to the Community! 

What kind of errors are you seeing whenever customers try to use Safari to visit your website? There are some internet browsers that are more compatible with our platform, so others will see those errors. 

Google Chrome is the best one to use, but you can do some browser troubleshooting to work out the kinks on the other ones. 

Give Chrome a try and let me know if you're still seeing issues. 

Kassi
Message 12 of 21

Hey there,

So whenever customers use Safari and try to add an item to their cart they get an error saying "There was an error. Please try again" and cannot add any items or proceed to checkout.

Most IOS users use Safari as their default browser which means they cannot purchase anything from our square mobile site.

Message 13 of 21
Super Seller

I've noticed this is a major issue with safari on desktop. Every time a customer tries to check out it says "This card is invalid". It works on every other browser. Will contact support and update if I get an answer.

www.PartyManiaBethesda.com
Please Require Customers to pick time/date at checkout for Square online. Thanks!
Message 14 of 21
Super Seller

Circling back, Support kept asking me to test it on my end and to have my customers  "Clear History and Website Data"

1. I do not have access to Safari, this appears to be a safari only issue and Square Engineers need to be aware of this. 

2. Telling the customer to clear their website data and history is just a non-starter and comes off as amateur.

There should be zero reason for customers to get "This card is invalid" at checkout unless it's an actually invalid card. It should at least prompt an error code so that that when we contact support we can figure it out quicker.

Please Require Customers to pick time/date at checkout for Square online. Thanks!
Message 15 of 21

Hey there @PartyManiaMD 👋 Are you or your customers still experiencing this issue on Safari today? I'm wondering if this could be related to an incident from yesterday that has since been resolved.

Please let me know and I can reach out to our Online Store Support Team to take a look into this if needed.

Violet
Message 16 of 21
Super Seller

I republished my site after Square support got back to me, I'll update this if I get word of anyone still having issues. This was occurring prior to contacting support and republishing the site.

If the online store support team can test whether safari is still causing "This card is invalid" at checkout that would be great... I tried multiple times to explain that I don't have access to safari and I'm not going to go buy a macbook just to make sure my online site can take safari orders.

It's a bit disconcerting that we don't get reports whenever errors like this occur, I understand abandoned carts is a paid feature but knowing if my customers aren't able to check out should be a basic feature because it's losing Square and the sellers money...

Message 17 of 21

I'm also having customers telling me when they use Safari they have a problem adding anything to their cart. Please is there any fix to this? I'm loosing orders because of this...

Message 18 of 21

Hi @dinner1  - I'm sorry to hear that this issue with your Square Online Store has brought you to the Seller Community😥

I escalated this to our Square Online Store Support Team. They took a look at your website and were able to add items to the cart without an issue. Are your customers still having trouble today?

Violet
Message 19 of 21

I too am having this issue. I've had customers complain about not being able to add items to their cart when at my site. I've tested it with FireFox (no issues), but with Chrome and Safari it won't let the customer add anything to the cart.

Message 20 of 21

Yes, I'm still getting many complaints from customers not able to place orders. I'm about to shut it down and add an online store to my webhost Hostgator.

Message 21 of 21