x

Regarding oversees credit card transactions

Hi,

I am trying to setup an online payment system for my company based in US via square's connect api v2. I wanted to know if we can let our oversees users use credit card/debit card to purchase items from our site.

Some of the users are expected not to have a credit card issued from US. So is it possible to make such transactions using square or is there a limitation as to US based account cannot process credit cards from other countries.

Also if it is possible, then do we have to adjust our code so as to make this transaction possible or such changes are transparent to developers. For example the javascript that generates Card Nonce, will it work as is or does it involve some coding for us to proceed.

If someone can provide me a pointer where I can find a sample code that utilizes oversees credit card to make a purchase that would be great.

By the way we have been using java-sdk to integrate square in our website. So as of now we do not have any hardware associated with square and we do not intend to use it in future. All of the transaction will be made using the java-sdk.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

You can process international credit cards via the web API as long as Square recognizes the bank! As long as the appropriate country information is sent to Square to properly authorize, the transaction should be allowed.

Message 2 of 2