x

SSL and custom domain issues

I transferred my custom domain over to Square with no problem. It's been over 48 hours and my website is still saying it's not secure. In prior threads it's been claimed that the SSL falls on the originating domain provider. I have talked to support through my domain provider and they said SSL/security falls on the hosting provider. If Let's Encrypt only works for Square's Transaction API, what route do I need to take to secure my Square Online store? 

Message 1 of 40
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Welcome to Seller Community, @HMCreations.

With a Square Online site, we issue the SSL certificate and install it for. Normally this doesn't require anything other than making sure the domain is pointed to us correctly, something that is already done when the domain is purchased through us. With domains purchased elsewhere the domain needs to be pointed to our IP before a certificate can be issued. I checked and your domain is configured correctly. 

Can you go to Website > General Settings and use the unpublish option at the bottom to unpublish the site, then open the site in the website editor and publish it again? That should trigger a new SSL certificate to be issued for your site.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 40
39 REPLIES 39
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Lyte - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face 😊

Sounds like you're running into a bit of trouble, i'm more than happy to assist. 

Here's what you should see from your Square Online dashboard to unpublish your site: 

To unpublish your Square Online site: From your Square Online Overview page, go to Website > Site Preferences. Select Unpublish.

Let me know if this helps. 

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 22 of 40

I have this same issue.  I unpublished and published again and am still getting the same message.  How long would it take to fix this?  The 48hrs again?  My Domain Manager says it is linked with Square so it is a square issue.

Message 23 of 40

Welcome to the Community, @bougielivingllc

Sorry to hear you're still having issues with your SSL and customer domain after troubleshooting. It sounds like you've tried the troubleshooting steps I would recommend to get this resolved. 

I am going to suggest reaching out to our CS Team directly, so they can take a deeper look to get this resolved. Please use this number: 1-855-700-6000. They are available Monday to Friday from 8am to 8pm CST. 

Kassi
Message 24 of 40

I purchased Square/Weebly's Performance package that came with domain registration. I already had a domain, so I opted to have it transferred to Square/Weebly. The Performance package ended up not being the right fit for me, so I cancelled the subscription. And I am in the 60-day process of having my domain transferred back to my old service. But in the meantime it's parked here with Square/Weebly.

I have the DNS pointed back to my old website (not on Square/Weebly). But the https is no longer working, and I can't find where to change the SSL. Where and how do I go about doing that here?

Message 25 of 40

Heya @farragio,

I moved your post to a relevant thread that goes over domain/SSL issues.

@AdamB provided more information above in his Best Answer. Let me know if this helps.

Ashley C
Message 26 of 40

Hi, I just launched my website. I purchased the domain right through square, just want to know if my site has the SSL or not, site is www.floorsmoresarnia.com 

Thank you for the help!

Message 27 of 40
Admin

Hey @Kmcmillan17

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Take a look at the best answer in this thread for some insight into SSLs and Square.

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 28 of 40

Good evening, 

I purchase my domaine on trough the platform Squarespace and transfer it to google domain and finally made my website with square up as it was working better for me. `

It work very well for couples months but since 3 days my website can not access and it says that my certificate is expired. 

I tried to unpublished and re-publish but still not working. 

Hope you will be able to help me. 

The website address is : www.jaycebaudry.com

Message 29 of 40
Alumni

Hi there @JayceBaudry 👋

It looks like you may have gotten your website up and running, yes?

If not, our team can take a look at your account with you to help a shine light here. When you have a moment, please reach out by phone or email when you have a moment by logging into your Square account and heading here.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Message 30 of 40

Good Afternoon, 

I transferred my domain from google and the website is working but it keeps saying that the site is not secure and that I can't take payments at this time. It has been over 48 hours and I have unpublished and republished the website several times. I was wondering if there was anything else that I could try or if there was anything else I needed to do on my end.

Message 31 of 40

I have been going back and forth with support for over a month. All I am getting in response is that some "good work is being done in the background while they determine the bug..." I need my site secured with SSL - it is deterring users from visiting and negatively harming my business. 

I have followed all recommended steps. It was a Google Domain, transferred successfully. I have waited more than 48 hours, unpublished and re-published. Nothing is working. 

Message 32 of 40

Welcome to the Community, @whittecherit 

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with your site SSL. It looks like the issue stems from the domain transfer, and some extra DNS settings from the previous registrar that need to be removed.

Unfortunately, the bug is still in progress, and we'll need to wait for a resolution from the engineers. I'll keep an eye out for updates, but you will also be updated via email once the bug has been resolved. 

Message 33 of 40

I’m having the same problem I reached out to support last week and no answer. My website people that does this for a living for huge companies couldn’t figure it out. I need help it’s been 3 weeks and losing money. 

Message 34 of 40

Thanks for reaching out, @Jabriharrison

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with your website. 

Can you go to Website > Site Preferences and use the unpublish option at the bottom to unpublish the site? Then open the site in the website editor and publish it again. That should trigger a new SSL certificate to be issued for your site.

If you are still having trouble after the above instructions, please post a link to your site so we can take a closer look at the settings on the backend. 

P.s. Welcome to the Seller Community! 

Message 35 of 40
Beta Member

Hi I'm having the same issue, site shows "Not Secure" 

I did unpublish and publish again as stated in some of the comments above.

Can you check to see what I might be doing wrong? Website: www.dinebycwq.com. 🙂

Message 36 of 40

Hi @CookingwithQue2 - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face 😊

Great news. I was able to visit your site and it showed up secure.

Note: To ensure that your account is showing up securely at all times, its best to have both of your A Records pointing to 199.228.34.164

I hope this helps.

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Message 37 of 40

Hi i have tried the unpublish and republish and it has not worked for me either.  Still saying not secure not sure what is going on. my domain is   

crafting-your-memories-and-more.com   

any help would be great had this account for 2 years and thinking this is why no one has placed an order or at least i hope that is why lol

Message 38 of 40

Welcome to the Seller Community, @M_B1 

Sorry for the troubles regarding your SSL. It looks like your domain was missing a few important DNS records. We've fixed that for you and the site is now loading securely. 😊

Please let us know if you still see the unsecure version loading on your end. 

Thanks! 

Message 39 of 40

If you still need help with your website security settings, I suggest reaching out to Square partner Orda. We have website experts who specialize in helping Square sellers with website SSL and boosting SEO with a branded web and mobile ordering optimized for search engines. Here's more info.

Orda Success Team
https://www.getorda.com
Message 40 of 40