x
Beta Member

Square Sync erased all item descriptions from Square Online Store

I toggled on Square Sync tonight to keep everything consistent between Square and Weebly. Once this was toggled on, half of my item descriptions in Weebly were immediately erased, leaving my website totally blank in half of the product pages. The other half of the products kept all of their item descriptions, but the formatting was erased, leaving a lumped paragraph of text where the neatly organized information originally was. There was no forewarning that this could happen. I toggled Square Sync off quickly after I realized what had happened but all this did was allow me to apply formatting in the item descriptions on the Square Online (Weebly) side. This is a huge problem when my site is getting an uptick in traffic as we're in the thick of the holiday season for sales. 

Has anyone else ran into this problem before? Is there a way to revert the store back to the way it was before I toggled on the sync setting?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @BainbridgeTrade

So sorry you are having issues with Square Sync. Whenever you added those descriptions, did you add them in Weebly or on your Dashboard first?

When it comes to using Square Sync - and changes or updates should be added to your Dashboard first, then it will automatically show in your Online Store. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2