x

Transferring Domain

I would like to transfer my domain from square ( weebly) to wix

Message 1 of 14
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

HI, you can do it yourself if you have the domain at a domain provider or if purchased with Square I was able to find this community discussion for how-to.

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Square-Online-Discussion/Transfer-domain-away-from-Weebly-Square/...

Hope this helps!

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Resale Collection - http://bit.ly/HangerHues

Hope This Helps!
TERRI

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Best Answer

HI, you can do it yourself if you have the domain at a domain provider or if purchased with Square I was able to find this community discussion for how-to.

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Square-Online-Discussion/Transfer-domain-away-from-Weebly-Square/...

Hope this helps!

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Resale Collection - http://bit.ly/HangerHues

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 14

Hello I have a free square domain that I need to transfer to my new wix site.

Message 3 of 14
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @catskingdomNH - thanks for reaching out to us here again on the Seller Community! 👋

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding transferring their domain over to Wix. Take a look at this Best Answer from this same thread for more information.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 14

HI My problem is it is not a paid subscription from square, it is the free version....

Message 5 of 14

HI, you would need to recreate your store on Wix from scratch. 

Best advice, recreate your store BEFORE cancelling your .square.site website.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 6 of 14

Working on transferring my domain from Wix to Square. The domain was purchased as a package on Wix when I opened my site there.

I want to transfer everything entirely and I understand it may be a 7 day process.

Any pointers before I initiate this. Any common issues that come up during the domain transfer from Wix to Square that you can advise on so the transition is seamless?

Thank you much!

Message 7 of 14

Hi there, @kyusfood 👋Welcome here to the Seller Community!

Good question here! We would recommend reading up on the domain transfer process here on our Support Center. It will walk you through all the major steps as well as some troubleshooting in case you need it.

Also for housekeeping sake, I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding domain transferring. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

Joe
Message 8 of 14

A. I initiated the transfer and it shows as pending. I filled out 3 questions - your domain is unlocked, authorization code and do you want to transfer the site to square and link to your square site, which I said YES. Do I need to do anything else here?

B. How about DNS setting changes, do I need to do this? And if so, where do I do this? My domain provider is WIX and now to be Square I think?

Thank you.

Message 9 of 14

HI, you would need to transfer all your website information to Square Online.  Since the domain is with Wix it would need a full transfer out to Square, which can take up to 14 business days.  This is standard practice for all domains.  Your site will not be available until the domain transfers.  It is best to have everything over to Square first so it can be ready when the full transfer goes into affect.  @kyusfood 

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 10 of 14

Site transfer is in the works.

My next question is, I purchased an email from NameCheap. How do I go about connecting it to Square so that I can integrate my email? Is an integration necessary and if so, can I do it while waiting on the full site transfer or do I have to wait until the transfer is complete?

Message 11 of 14

Hi @kyusfood You'll have to wait for the transfer to complete before you will be able to access and edit the domain dns. Once you are able to access this you'll be able to edit the MX records to connect your email service. 

Message 12 of 14

Hi. I transfer my domain I bought through Shopify to square but realize there was no need to. Need help transferring domain from square back to Shopify. 

Message 13 of 14
Alumni

Hi there @GimmiBeauty 👋

We don't have instructions available to assist you in moving your domain to Shopify, but we have these steps that will help you move your domain away from Square.

Shopify has directions on their site that should guide you through the rest of the transfer process here.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Message 14 of 14