x

Why are buttons deactivating on my site?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Buttons Deactivating]

I have created all the buttons for each product on my site. I've activated them all, to find they deactivate themselves. I have correctly installed the HTML coding onto my site and it takes me to a 'page doesn't exist' page.

I then tried it again with just the link to the product and hyperlinked it to the words 'Buy Now,' same result.

Then I noticed the buttons kept deactivating on their own. 

I'm very new to using Square, so I don't know how to get these to work - some sort of magic button somewhere to keep each product activated?

Is that why the links won't direct to the purchase product page too, or could it be something else?

Is there a way to create a cart, as well, so the customer can purchase more than one item at a time?

Thank you for any insight you can give me.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Admin

Hey @TitusKeepers-

Thanks for reaching out. 

I'm assuming from your post that you're not using the Square Online Store powered by Weebly. Is this correct?

If so, I would reach out to your website host or the partnership app that you're working with to build your site. It sounds like Square is just the payment processor, which means it wouldn't impact the activation of specific buttons on your site. 

If you do happen to be using the Square Online Store powered by Weebly to build your site, please contact us so we can look into this further.

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 12

I am using WordPress. The issue isn't on ym blog, though, it's on Square. Both my phone app and using Square's website on a desktop.

I activate the buttons on Square and then Square deactivates most of the buttons before I can even enter the code into my blog to begin with, seconds later.

Message 3 of 12
Admin

Hey @TitusKeepers

Thanks for the response. 

Would you mind sending a screenshot of the issue you're referring to? I'm having trouble understanding how Square would be deactivating buttons on your WordPress site. 

I want to make sure we get this figured out, so I'll look forward to your reply. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 4 of 12
Admin

Additionally, @TitusKeepers-

Would you mind providing the link to your website? 

Thank you! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 5 of 12

Thank you, IsabelleM!
My website is tituskeepers.wordpress.com

I have pictures I took of the issues on my phone, that I was finally able to take just now. I am at the library and can't save the photos to the desktop right now.

I will give you a run-down of what I've done.
I first created all the items under the Items button. In the details of each item, I flipped the toggle to "Online Checkout," which says it "creates a link to allow customers to go straight to checkout for this item. Customers can select variations for this item at checkout but will not be able to add modifiers."
Then, I clicked the Home button. From there, "Online Checkout" so I could, theoretically get the embed code to put onto each product page. Most of the time, items that I activated are no longer activated by the time I get to Online Checkout.
Today, when I got to Items, none of the items I had activated a week and a half ago were active. After I activated Miracle Cream today in Items, in order to take pictures, it weirdly stayed activated by the time I made it over to Online Checkout.
Then, after I copy the embed code, I embed it onto my wordpress page. Save the page. When I go to my Miracle Cream webpage, however, it gives me a Square page saying the requested item cannot be found. It does this with every single product.

I also tried hyperlinking a "BUY NOW" with the product Square link, but it resulted in the same thing.

All of this seems so overwhelming I almost forgot I want to know how to create a whole cart of items for customers rather than just one product at a time, too.

I will add photos from my phone in a little bit. They will probably be a little more helpful.
Thank you for your time and sorry for my own time delays.

Message 6 of 12

I'm sorry these aren't stellar photos. Hopefully they can work to fill in information! The link icon to the right is grey - not activated.

IMG_20200204_173707008.jpg

Message 7 of 12

In the first picture, the link icons are deactivated - I've activated them multiple times and they show up deactivated each time I log in.

In this picture, I've moved the toggle on Online Checkout so that I can capture the Embed Code at Checkout in a bit.IMG_20200204_174512488.jpg

Message 8 of 12

Once at Online Checkout, I do this.

IMG_20200204_173806273.jpg

Message 9 of 12

This then shows up for me when I click the product name innthe main screen on Online Checkout, after creating a checkout link. This is a rare time it stayed activated!

IMG_20200204_173847234.jpg

Message 10 of 12

And this is the message I get after either embedding the Embed Codes on my pages for each product OR try hyperlinking the link into a word on the product page.

IMG_20200204_173607633.jpg

Message 11 of 12
Admin

Hey @TitusKeepers-

Thanks for following up. 

I looked into this issue for you, and it appears that the links weren't being associated with the correct location item library, which is why they showed up as inactive. This should be resolved now. 

If you have any questions about this, feel free to give us a call or learn more about checkout links here. Thanks! 🤓

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 12 of 12