x

Why art product thumbnails being downgraded?

For years, and it continues, all of my product thumbnail photos (auto resized by weebly/square) are downgraded and are slightly blurry. When you click on the product however, viola, the quality is crisp and perfect. Weebly/Square have a code that is making this poor image quality for product thumbnail photos happen on the mobile version. The code is saving the image as a thumbnail in a smaller size than is appropriate and then sizing it up to fit the parameters of the placeholder, which is larger, hence why the thumbnail image is blurry.

I was told that this was going to be corrected, but it persists. I sell higher quality goods, and attention to detail is a necessity in my photos. Having blurry thumbnail images is definitely a hindrance to me making sales. Please can someone look into this and fix it once and for all. thanks.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

HI, this is the seller to seller community board with no Square Support except for Moderators.  

You can review the image "shape" in a few places for the image to display correctly.

You only need to do this ONCE for website settings, *not per image.

Online Dashboard, Website, Edit Site, upper left click Page: Home down arrow,

1) Shop All, select Item List, select Item Images, select proper Shape, Done

2) Page: Shop All down arrow, scroll down to Item Pages, select ANY one of the items listed, select Item Details, Image Gallery, select proper shape (to match shape previously selected), Done

3) Page: (whatever item you selected previously) down arrow, select Home, **if you have Featured Items on the Home page**, Content, Item Images, select proper shape (to match previously selected), Done

You can select each “shape” to see which will work for your images.

Screenshot 2023-01-02 at 6.53.50 AM.png

Once all these are set to "fit”, images will appear correctly.

image shape 2.png

image shape 1.png

Hope this helps.
TERRI
Message 2 of 2