x

Why do some of my items not allow me to set up variations?

I have been fighting with the website tool. Some of my items allow me to set up variations (color, etc) and some do not. What am I doing wrong?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

Hi there @Kippah-Lady 👋

Are you able to provide a bit more information about the items that you are not able to set up variations for?

Are you seeing error messages that are preventing you from setting up variations?

What kinds of items are these? 

I also want to confirm something before moving forward here. You posted this in the API section of the Seller Community. However, it sounds like you're building a Square Online website through your Square Online Dashboard, rather than using our APIs to build a website from scratch. Is that right?

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

Hello Valentina,

Yes, I am creating a website. I am extremely new to this! I have uploaded items with variations successfully, so when I uploaded a new item and scrolled down to add the variations, the section just isn't there. There is no error message. It worked for some but not for others. It should be below the "additional Information" box. The options and modifiers sections are there but that is not what I am trying to achieve. I took the item off and re-uploaded it to see if that would work and I logged off and back on but it didn't help. It is a cuffed bracelet I am attempting to add variations for. Your help would be greatly appreciated, our virtual shows start next month.

Thank you,

MaryAlice Musante

(Kippah Lady)

Message 3 of 6
Alumni

Hm, that definitely sounds odd @Kippah-Lady!

I'd recommend starting with some generic browser troubleshooting, as this doesn't currently sound to be related to the type of item you're creating. I do want to dig in a bit more though - are you creating your items through your Square Online Dashboard or through your regular Square Dashboard?

If you're creating them in your Online Dashboard, this article should shine a light on the correct steps. If you're creating them in your Square Dashboard, this article is an overview of the steps you'll take.

Valentina
Message 4 of 6

Hello Valentina,

I figured out the problem and have worked around it.

Thank you for your help!

MaryAlice

Message 5 of 6
Alumni

I'm so glad to hear things are working properly now, @Kippah-Lady 😊

Thanks for letting us know, and be sure to get in touch directly if anything urgent comes up between now and when your virtual show begins!

Valentina
Message 6 of 6