x

WooCommerce Square integration continuously disconnecting

Hi Everyone!

I use square on my WordPress website as a payment method for WooCommerce. For some reason every week and sometimes every day I get a notification that the "Square sync failed" and I have to reconnect woocommerce to Square. I am starting to believe this is due to the numerous developer updates that are made to the Square plugin each week. Every time an update is available, the square connection is lost completely and I have to reconnect.

Does anyone else experience this problem and know how to fix this?

Is there any way to automate the re-connection of my woocommerce <> square integration so I do not have to keep logging into my website to fix this rather annoying problem?

Thank you in advance!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Chemboys! Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Seller Community. I'm sorry to hear your connection is failing daily. That sounds super frustrating and I would really want to get it fixed as well. Have you reached out to WooCommerce yet to see what they say? We will need to have them take a look at the connection/account before Support can troubleshoot further on their end. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Hello there, we experienced a similar issue this weekend, Square got disconnected without notice. After noticing no sales in two days, and an email from one of our customers, we found out Square payment was not active on checkout and proceeded to find that Square had disconnected itself. 

After reconnecting the account, everything seems to be back to normal. 

Is there a known issue with Square and WooCommerce randomly disconnecting?

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey @MindyR,

Sorry to hear this happened to you.

You'll need to contact WooCommerce on this to troubleshoot and ask what could of occurred since they're a third party with us. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4