x

Feature Request: Customer login or profile for Square Online website

Feature Request: Customer login or profile for Square Online website

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Customer login]

Im considering creating my online store with square.  My skincare company requires that the pricing not be shown publicly.  Is there a way to have a customer login before they shop?  

71 Comments
Alumni

It isn't currently possible to create a login for your customers to use when viewing your website, @IAmKokoG.

However, we've heard this request a few times and are tracking interest here in this thread. I've moved your post into this thread so that your voice is added to the conversation. We'll be sure to post an update here if something changes - stay subscribed to be notified of new posts!

Beta Member

Hello! Our online merch store is only available for purchases during specific dates for our events. However, we have it set so that anyone can browse the store beforehand. We have very limited quantities of certain physical items. For our sponsors/VIP customers, we'd like to set it up to allow them (and only them) to be able to make purchases a day earlier than everyone else, as a perk/thank you.

How do we set it so that only certain customers can add things to their cart/checkout, without preventing our other customers from being able to see the store?

We have the contact information for all of the specific people who would be allowed to shop early.

Not sure if I'm describing this clearly.

Square Community Moderator

Hey @FIReNVY and welcome to the Community.

You're perfectly clear! I moved your post to an existing one where another seller asked the same question.

Check out @Joe_'s Best Answer for the full details.

Beta Member

I agree. I switched to Square after building a website on Go Daddy thinking customer login is an obvious thing to have especially for an e-commerce website. I'm disappointed and this may be a deal breaker for me to move forward with another web host. 

Beta Member

We have a square online business account. We require the ability for our customers to create accounts in our online store as well as to be able to login to their accounts, view purchase information, update account and request refunds if required. When will Square be implementing such a feature. I believe this will be beneficial to all business customers as well as generate more revenue for Square. Please make this a priority implementation for Square Online, powered by Weebly. Regards, SDL

Thanks for posting! We do not have a feature like this at the moment, but I've moved your message over to this thread for tracking. 

I'm curious if there is way to make a private members only page on my site, and if so is there a way to embed a video library into that private page?

Hey @apexsp307 and welcome to the Community!

I moved your post to an existing thread that answers this question.

Check out @Joe's Best Answer above for details.

We are looking to integrate corporate customer buying programs into our online store. Basically, I need to have a portal for employees to login and enter their corporate email addresses to bring up a catalog of items for sale at their discounted rates.  Does anyone know if square/weebly are capable of doing this? If not, is there another software or online program that integrates with square/weebly?

Hello @Andrew21. While this would be super awesome for us to offer, at this time, Weebly nor Square can create individual email logins or catalogs. 

If this changes at some point, we will make sure to pass it on. Let me know if you have any other questions. 😃