x

Feature Request: Customer login or profile for Square Online website

Feature Request: Customer login or profile for Square Online website

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Customer login]

Im considering creating my online store with square.  My skincare company requires that the pricing not be shown publicly.  Is there a way to have a customer login before they shop?  

71 Comments

Was this feature lost in the transition from Weebly to Square?  My site still tells customers that they can save their info and create an account after checkout, but never gives them that option. 

Super Seller Alumni

Hey @mudlakefarm 

So the current Square Online (Weebly) store does give customers the option to save their payment info, but it doesn't create a full account for them, it simply links their information to their email/phone number.

Because there's no full account to create, it doesn't need to give a confirmation page or anything, so you're absolutely right, it is a little hard to tell it's done anything at all - but it has, just in the background!

The next time the customer goes to make a purchase and they enter in their email address, there's a little Two Factor Authentication box that pops up asking the customer to enter in a 6 digit code that was texted to them. If they enter in that code, it automagically fills in all of the customer details for them, and jumps ahead to the confirm order section. It's pretty sweet.

Hello,

Wondering if there happens to be any progress on implementing this feature. It's a highly useful feature and my coffee shop could benefit from it as well.

I cannot find the answer and really need this information. Can you repost it or say where it is actually embedded within the 537 pages of FAQs?

Thanks!

Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @raelashea7 👋 Thanks for reaching out on this thread! 

Would you mind clarifying your question? Was the Best Answer above un-viewable for you? We are happy to repost it here if it is not viewable on your side!

I will keep an eye out for your response!

I am formally recommending the option for customers to be able to create an account and log in on our website. Currently, we have about 80 requests from our customers and strongly believe this would be an excellent marketing tool for all Square/Weebly sellers. 

Admin

Hiii @Skinsational!

I moved your idea over to this thread where other sellers are requesting a similar feature. While we do not have this feature available quite yet, it's definitely a request our Product Teams are aware of. 

I'll make sure to update this thread if I hear anything about development. Thanks for your patience! 👩🏼‍💻

Thank you and hope this will be implemented soon.. 

I have done a lot of research and does not look like Square has this feature available yet. This is actually a crucial feature to have especially more and more businesses are relying on e-commerce with Covid. Please offer this feature ASAP or you may begin to lose customers because of this reason. 

Square Community Moderator

Hi!! Thanks so much for starting this thread and sharing your thoughts. This is a feature request we are tracking, so I've merged your post to an existing thread where other sellers are asking for something similar. 

Please let me know if I can answer any other questions. 🙂