x

Feature Request: Customer login or profile for Square Online website

Feature Request: Customer login or profile for Square Online website

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Customer login]

Im considering creating my online store with square.  My skincare company requires that the pricing not be shown publicly.  Is there a way to have a customer login before they shop?  

71 Comments
Beta Member

@Joe 

Square Online does not currently have an ability to support member only page functionality that has been available in Weebly.  

We are in have over 100 wine club members that then get invited to access a members only page where we have a monthly selections form for members.  We have migrated all of our other website functionality to Square Online but are stuck without being able to move our members only page.  This is critical to the revenue success of our business and we needed the cleaner integration of the Square Online Store but the lack of members only page functionality is not optimal.

Can someone from Square Online product management advise when members functionality will be enabled in Square Online?

Square Community Moderator

Hi @DRowner - thanks for bumping this up and adding your voice here. We don't share specific timelines for product releases due to the nature of trial and error when building out a feature. As soon as we have more to share in regards to member access, we will reach back out to everyone here and update accordingly.

In the meantime, you can learn more about our Feature Request process here. 

I have a potential company that wants to order catering every day. The company wants to pay for 60% of the meal and the employee would pay for 40%. Is there a way of building a portal on square that is accessed by password?

Thinking the employee could log in and we would have items with special pricing on it. The employee would pay for the subsidized item and then we would send an invoice to the company for the remainder? Thoughts?
Beta Member

Is there any updates as to whether you will be implemanting a ffeature for customers to be able to create account with username and password for return visits to place future orders? I had recently signed up with square online and had I known that this feature was not availble I would have to be honest looked elsewhere for building my website.

Alumni

No updates yet, but we'll update the thread when anything changes. Be sure to subscribe up top for the latest. @beyondhome

Square Community Moderator

Hi! Great question. I've merged your post to an existing thread where @PPEC asks something similar. @mattd does a great job detailing how to do this in your online store. 

Please let us know if you have any further questions and have a great day!

I want to create a sign in page for my customers to create so they have a quicker checkout time. What are the steps I need to have that on my website?

Alumni

The ability for customers to create a profile with your site is not supported, but at checkout, customers will see the option to save their payment info with Square for a faster shopping experience when purchasing from any Seller's site. @eliteNails2020

Is there anything we can do to speed up the process of creating a system for accounts? This is a very basic option on most sales sites and not having one means losing potential customers. Please consider adding this in the near future, I can't imagine it's very hard to make and it only needs to hold payment information and past orders. Possibly favorites at a later point... It will make the check-out experience for our customers much easier.

Are there any updates on whether customers are able to create an account through your website? It would increase the customer experience so that way their past and current orders information is stored in one place. and all of their, tracking info, order numbers, and confirmation information is stored under their account.