x

Feature Request: Customer login or profile for Square Online website

Feature Request: Customer login or profile for Square Online website

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Customer login]

Im considering creating my online store with square.  My skincare company requires that the pricing not be shown publicly.  Is there a way to have a customer login before they shop?  

71 Comments
Beta Member

Good morn,

We only allow dogs that have passed a screening session into our daycare. Many have expressed a desire to purchase packages online. 

Is there anyway to open this feature to just those whom I choose? I do not want general public to purchase Daycare days and then expect us to take their dog that has not gone through the screening process.

Thanks!

Justin

Wag Bend

Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @WagBend 👋 Thanks for reaching out here and posting with your question! It is good to hear from you again.

This is a good question! We don't currently offer a way to screen customers who actively visit your Online Store, but you can create a Private Page to share directly with your customers who have already been put through the screening process. 

To make one of your Weebly pages private follow these simple steps!

1. Login to Weebly.
  2. Click Edit next to the site you would like to edit.
  3.  Click Pages towards the top of your screen.
  4.  Click the name of the page you want to make private.
  5. Change visibility settings for the selected page by clicking the dropdown arrow under Visibility.
  6. Select either Anyone with the site password, or Specific members or groups.
  7. Click Publish.

Let me know if that is a workable alternative for your Online Store! I am going to go ahead and pass your Feature Request along to our Product Teams for future consideration. 

Let me know if you have any clarifying questions! I am here to help. 

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Code for private section of the store

I want to add a section to my online store, but is there a way to make it private so they have to have a code to access those items? For example we have lingerie for before boudoir photography after spray tans we are a spa, but I would like to make it 18+ whereas I would like to keep our soaps and bath bombs public!

Hi @PPEC,

Yes, you can password protect an entire site or specific pages behind a password to prevent it from being accessible to specific groups. Here is an article on how to hide or restrict access to your site for Square Online website by password protecting your site or a specific page - this has screenshots and directions on how to password protect (it's under the gear icon > general tab).

This post was edited by a moderator to include updated terminology in 2021.

Admin

Hey @terrypack

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community and considering Square.

At this time, we do not have a functionality that would have customers login on your site prior to viewing prices. This is a great suggestion though, and one I'll pass onto the Online Store Product Team. 

OK, so what you're saying is that this is not a feature now, nor is it on the list... so it's at least a few years away, correct?

Sorry for the confusion, @brick - this is still considered a Feature Request to be introduced into the fold sometime down the road. We don't have a specific timeline to share just yet, but we will continue to update this thread as we have new information to share.

Thanks for your patience!

Can I set up when each customer has a login so the site stays secure and only logged in customers can purchase

Hey there, @Nancy8

Thank you for your post in the Community! 

This is a great question. Right now, this would be categorized as a Feature Request because it isn't available with us. I would be happy to tag the appropriate team, so they can see this. 

Appreciate you taking the time to add your voice and help us evolve our system to your needs. 

Is there a way that we can edit/change our booking URL for customers? Right now, the address is too long, and jumbled to put on a business card. So far, I have loved everything about the appointment app EXCEPT for the fact that i cant edit the URL