x

online store members only

Good morn,

We only allow dogs that have passed a screening session into our daycare. Many have expressed a desire to purchase packages online. 

Is there anyway to open this feature to just those whom I choose? I do not want general public to purchase Daycare days and then expect us to take their dog that has not gone through the screening process.

Thanks!

Justin

Wag Bend

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @WagBend 👋 Thanks for reaching out here and posting with your question! It is good to hear from you again.

This is a good question! We don't currently offer a way to screen customers who actively visit your Online Store, but you can create a Private Page to share directly with your customers who have already been put through the screening process. 

To make one of your Weebly pages private follow these simple steps!

1. Login to Weebly.
  2. Click Edit next to the site you would like to edit.
  3.  Click Pages towards the top of your screen.
  4.  Click the name of the page you want to make private.
  5. Change visibility settings for the selected page by clicking the dropdown arrow under Visibility.
  6. Select either Anyone with the site password, or Specific members or groups.
  7. Click Publish.

Let me know if that is a workable alternative for your Online Store! I am going to go ahead and pass your Feature Request along to our Product Teams for future consideration. 

Let me know if you have any clarifying questions! I am here to help. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Best Answer

Hi there, @WagBend 👋 Thanks for reaching out here and posting with your question! It is good to hear from you again.

This is a good question! We don't currently offer a way to screen customers who actively visit your Online Store, but you can create a Private Page to share directly with your customers who have already been put through the screening process. 

To make one of your Weebly pages private follow these simple steps!

1. Login to Weebly.
  2. Click Edit next to the site you would like to edit.
  3.  Click Pages towards the top of your screen.
  4.  Click the name of the page you want to make private.
  5. Change visibility settings for the selected page by clicking the dropdown arrow under Visibility.
  6. Select either Anyone with the site password, or Specific members or groups.
  7. Click Publish.

Let me know if that is a workable alternative for your Online Store! I am going to go ahead and pass your Feature Request along to our Product Teams for future consideration. 

Let me know if you have any clarifying questions! I am here to help. 

Joe

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10

@Joe 

Square Online does not currently have an ability to support member only page functionality that has been available in Weebly.  

We are in have over 100 wine club members that then get invited to access a members only page where we have a monthly selections form for members.  We have migrated all of our other website functionality to Square Online but are stuck without being able to move our members only page.  This is critical to the revenue success of our business and we needed the cleaner integration of the Square Online Store but the lack of members only page functionality is not optimal.

Can someone from Square Online product management advise when members functionality will be enabled in Square Online?

Message 3 of 10

Hi @DRowner - thanks for bumping this up and adding your voice here. We don't share specific timelines for product releases due to the nature of trial and error when building out a feature. As soon as we have more to share in regards to member access, we will reach back out to everyone here and update accordingly.

In the meantime, you can learn more about our Feature Request process here. 

Joe
Message 4 of 10
Beta Member

Hello! Our online merch store is only available for purchases during specific dates for our events. However, we have it set so that anyone can browse the store beforehand. We have very limited quantities of certain physical items. For our sponsors/VIP customers, we'd like to set it up to allow them (and only them) to be able to make purchases a day earlier than everyone else, as a perk/thank you.

How do we set it so that only certain customers can add things to their cart/checkout, without preventing our other customers from being able to see the store?

We have the contact information for all of the specific people who would be allowed to shop early.

Not sure if I'm describing this clearly.

Tags (2)
Message 5 of 10

Hey @FIReNVY and welcome to the Community.

You're perfectly clear! I moved your post to an existing one where another seller asked the same question.

Check out @Joe_'s Best Answer for the full details.

Ashley C
Message 6 of 10

I'm curious if there is way to make a private members only page on my site, and if so is there a way to embed a video library into that private page?

Message 7 of 10

Hey @apexsp307 and welcome to the Community!

I moved your post to an existing thread that answers this question.

Check out @Joe's Best Answer above for details.

Ashley C
Message 8 of 10

I cannot find the answer and really need this information. Can you repost it or say where it is actually embedded within the 537 pages of FAQs?

Thanks!

Message 9 of 10

Hi there, @raelashea7 👋 Thanks for reaching out on this thread! 

Would you mind clarifying your question? Was the Best Answer above un-viewable for you? We are happy to repost it here if it is not viewable on your side!

I will keep an eye out for your response!

Joe
Message 10 of 10