x
Beta Member

online store set up

I have noticed several changes to the Square online store set up. One change I noticed was in the setup for the store fulfillment. These changes are awesome but either one of the features isn't working correctly or it is unclear how to use it.

Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 3.07.01 PM.png

This feature seems cool, letting me decide the latest an order can be placed online for pick up same day. I selected "Orders must be placed by a specific time" and set the time as 6pm since we close at 7pm and have a 20 minute order lead time. I don't expect this to happen but don't want my kitchen inundated at 6:30.

The issue was that all orders defaulted to pick up at 6pm. Is this an issue with the code? Did I use this feature incorrectly?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Hello @murisseattle !

Yeah, that feature is a little misleading. It is designed more for stores where a customer orders something that has a cutoff for batch production. For example, with my bakery, I want to know how many loaves of bread I need to make by 5am. If an order comes in after 5, the system will automatically tell the customer their order will be available tomorrow (my next fulfillment day).

The "placed at any time" could probably use a little clarification. What this means is that a customer can place an order at any time but the order will be ready in whatever your base fulfillment time is. If your hours are 7-7 and your base fulfillment time is 20 minutes, all orders placed before 7 will be able to pick up at 7:20, all orders from 7-6:40 will be available to pick up within 20 minutes of ordering, and any orders placed after 6:40 will default to being available at 7:20 the next morning.

For your restaurant, I recommend keeping it with placed at any time. If you do get an order after the 6:40 cutoff and want to fill it, you definitely can override the system and start the order.

Hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 2