x

why am I receiving certificate trust error after transferring domain

I recently started an e-commerce store with square and transferred my domain name. My square site was working just fine until Wednesday when I received the "congratulations  your domain has been transferred" email. It has now been 72 hrs and days of calling, test being ran with no bugs found, SSL certificate being checked, being on hold for hours at a time, and Im still receiving "the cite security certificate is not trusted" message when I try to go on the site to browse. I'm not understanding what has happened, and this has now become a point of frustration. It seems as if I shouldn't have even transferred the domain (which I had to pay to do) because now nothing is even working. As a newbie to the whole commerce thing this is discouraging. Please help.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

HI, domains can be frustrating.  Yes, you received a transferred completed email.  But that means the company you transferred it out of did their part.  Now the domain needs to be activated and hosted on Square.  This can take some time to process, it is not an instant activation.  Now your site is between services which can display service messages.

Domains.  You can purchase a domain with a domain provider ex.GoDaddy and it can stay hosted there for the life of your business.  Only the DNS settings would need to be adjusted for the platform you are intending to use.  

Full Transfer Domain.  When a full transfer is requested, the hosted .com needs to be switched over to the new hosting service which can take up to 14 business days.  This is standard.

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 2