Admin

My Square Account in JP: Can I ______? (International Availability)

I am going to participate in an event abroad. Can I use my Square Point of Sale outside of Japan?

Unfortunately, if you activated a JP Square account, you can only take credit card payments while in Japan. This means you cannot take card payments while traveling abroad. However, you could keep the record of payments other than credit card using our Square Point of Sale. Square app can track cash, checks, gift cards from third-party services, and other types of payments.

Card payment acceptance with the Square app is currently available in the US, Canada, Japan, Australia, and the United Kingdom. If you want to accept card payments in these countries, you can create an account for the country you wish to use Square with your business, bank account, and address. Please note that you need to have an email address for each activation.

Same goes for Square Invoices as well. While you are outside of Japan with a Japanese Square account, you cannot send invoices to your customer and your customers cannot pay it either.

Can I accept an international credit card? Am I able to send Invoices to my customers overseas?

Yes, you can do both. With your JP Square account, you can take card payments with an international card. Our Payment Services allow you to accept payments from any JP-issued and most non-JP issued credit, debit, prepaid, or gift cards with the American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa logos. Please check here for more details about accepted card brands. We also suggest checking this great question from @JapanFresh, "How to change language on invoices guests receive?"

Can I use Square at the US Military bases in Japan?

You cannot create a US Square account in the US military bases in Japan. However, you can create a JP Square account to accept card payments. In order to create a JP Square account, an address with a Japanese postal code and a bank account opened in Japan are required.

Where Can I Use My Square Hardware?

Square’s hardware is subject to testing and certification for compliance with country-specific regulations. Therefore, Square’s hardware is only approved for use in the country for which it is intended. For example, hardware sold or intended for sale in Japan is not approved for use in the US, Canada, or the United Kingdom and vice versa.

Please comment if you have more inquiries about international availability. 😊

SQ大竹-Otake
ベータマネージャー, Square
ベータコミュニティに参加しよう !
ベータに参加して、Square製品をより良いものにしませんか?
1,089件の閲覧回数
メッセージ1/1
不適切なコンテンツを報告
0 返信