x

Allowing collection on different dates

It would be really beneficial for those selling fresh goods to give the customer options to order more flexibly.

At the moment the system only allows for customers to order one day at a time for our business (bakery). In order for the collection time to always be the morning (setting a lead time is set from when the customer orders not for a whole day).

It would be great if we could set lead times for a whole day. I.e. order Wednesday (12pm- 11:50am) for collection Friday. And also for the customer to be able to pick collection days just by the day.

Laura

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hi @7hillsbakery, thank you for your post! 

For setting the lead time, the prep time feature might be what you need. The prep time will also take into account your pickup hours and you can set prep time to varied from a few hours to 1 or 2 business days. For example, let's say I've set my prep time for pastry to be 2 working days. A customer is ordering it on Friday and I'm open Sat & Sun. This mean the earliest time they can collect this is on Sunday. 

Screenshot 2020-10-09 at 12.32.09.png

You can set the prep time per item or by location under Pickup & Delivery

ink (86).png

At check out, the customer will also be ask if they want to schedule pickup for As soon as possible or Schedule for later. If they select Schedule for later, they will be able to pick a date and time.

ink (88).png

I hope this will help with what you are looking to do! If not, let me know and I can definitely have a further look on my end here for any other tips and workarounds. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 4
Super Seller

@tranguyen I think the idea is the option to drop the times on the pick up for a simpler checkout. 

So a customer experience when ordering on a Wednesday for a product with a 1 day prep time just shows Friday collection date with no exact time needed. 

I know the current customer workflow works pretty much perfectly for my pizzas, but when I had my dry goods store it did confuse the checkout needing to pick an exact time for collection etc. so would totally agree that this would be a useful option ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Pizza Is Chill

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Thanks for your post @Sam_400ยบ! Having the ability to schedule pick up time before check out is something that a number of sellers have requested and I know the team are actively working on this. Hopefully I'll be able to share a launch date with everyone soon. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 4 of 4