x
Beta Member

Archiving Unused Products

Hi!

Is it possible to archive unused products so they don't show up on the item list unless specifically selected or on my retail POS. I can only see delete, but I don't want to delete and lose the history/audit trail on the items. 

Thanks

Reef Passion

reef-passion.co.uk

Claire
reef-passion.co.uk
Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @ReefPassion, thanks for your post. There is no option to archive an item. However, you can create a category for this purpose and assign these items to the category. On your Retail POS, you can add favourite items so that these unused items won't show up when checking out a client. 

I hope it helps. Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Emma
Community Manager, Square
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Hi @Emma_

My problem is there are a lot of products I have without barcodes and the shop guys tend to search for items when putting through the till rather than using the categories. The list comes up that contains the correct key word but they select the wrong ones. (Especially when in a rush) I've tried adding DO NOT USE in description and putting in a separate category but I really need a way for them not to come up at all ideally as this still sometimes get missed. (It would also make my list in the Items section of the dashboard much easier to hunt through for things, but that is more of an irritation that an actual problem.)

Any solutions gratefully received!

Claire

Reef Passion

reef-passion.co.uk

Claire
reef-passion.co.uk
Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey @ReefPassion, just stepping in for Emma here. 

So although there isn't a way to archive items per se, I did find a workaround that could possibly work for you. What you'll need to do is:

1. Go into your Item Library and select the item you'd like to hide.
  2. Under locations, click the locations shown to view the locations pop-up screen.
  3. Deselect all locations at which the item is currently listed as available. It should look like the screenshots below.
  4. Click Save. 

Screenshot 2022-07-23 at 16.38.37.png

Screenshot 2022-07-23 at 16.43.28.png

Now, your item should not display on any of your Points of Sale. 

Hope this helps, let me know if you need further assistance!

Message 4 of 4