x
Beta Member

Auto-restock / inventory adjustment feature for bakery

Hi there guys 👋 hope you are well!

I'm really interested in an auto-restock feature. We have bread and pastries delivered every day and if Square would automatically restock these items, then it would be much easier for us to keep track of sales and waste. With that, I mean to adjust the stock level completely and not just add more items to the inventory.

It would also be really useful if it was then possible to auto-comp leftovers that can't be sold the day after so that we could easily generate a report of waste. Hope that makes sense.

If there's already a solution to this, then I would love to hear from you! If not, then I hope Square will consider implementing a solution to this.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hi @skafte, thank you for sharing these suggestions!

At the moment, both of these actions - restock and comp - both need to be perform manually. I can definitely see how automating these actions can help business run more seamlessly so I'll definitely share these feature requests with the appropriate team. 

I would also encourage you to check out our Beta Community to join and potentially get access to new features first when we test them out.

Tra | she/her
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content