x

Bundle Discount Code

Bundle Discount Code

It would be great if customers could add selct products and enter a discount code to get a bundle price. It would make offers so much easier. Thank you

0 Likes
7 Comments
Super Seller

I think online discount codes & how they work are one of the most asked things. 

The current options work really well for site wide stuff, but there isn’t any flexibility for combined or ‘ITTT’ offers. 

I’m sure they must be looking at it, but not sure how much work there must be to implement.

Admin

Hi @Bee1411 and @Sam_400º, thank you for flagging this! This is something we have a lot of sellers asking about but I'm afraid we don't have a way to implement a kind of "bundle deal" within the Square Point of Sale app or the Square Online site.

I've passed your feedback to our team so they can get more insight on how such a feature can be useful. In the meantime, a workaround (that should work for both Point of Sale and Online) is setup a separate item call Bundle Deal and have the products as modifiers. The only downside to this is that the modifiers won't come from the same inventory/stock as the product items itself, so there may be some issue with reporting. 

Beta Member

Could something like this work:

In Settings, an option to ‘Enable Checkout Discounts’.

At Checkout, if enabled, a step after charging to apply either a discount amount or %

Just a thought.

Beta Member

Are there any workarounds for fixed priced deals, such as meal deals? £4 for a pastry and hot drink, for example.

I know modifiers can be used but ideally stock control is a major thing for us especially if we have online ordering in place so we want to know what's out of stock.

Admin

That's a great suggestion @tonydow - I will be sure to pass that over to the appropriate so they can consider implementing something like that.

Admin

Unfortunately the only workaround we're aware of at the moment is to create a separate items and use modifiers @thecafeguy

Admin

Thanks for the information @VibinTiger! It looks like you want to setup a bundle discount rule/code. At the moment, this feature isn't available with the Square Online site. A workaround would be to create a separate item called bundle deal and have the options/ as modifiers. The downside to this is that the modifiers won't come from the same inventory/ stock as the items itself so there may be an issue with reporting and you'd need to track items sold through the bundle manually.