x
Beta Member

CASHBACK

Our previous POS had the ability to offer Cashback, is this available through Square?

Message 1 of 11
Report Inappropriate Content
2 Best Answers
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hey there @The_Sun_Inn, welcome back to the Seller Community!

I don't know the ins and outs of square POS but could you maybe add custom totals on of how much cash the customer is taking and manage it that way?

Hope this helps, if it does, mark it as best answer to help others in the future!

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 11
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @The_Sun_Inn, thanks for sharing this! We actually don't have the ability to offer cashback at the moment, but it's definitely a feature request that has come up before. I'll make sure to share this suggestion with the appropriate team for them to consider it. 

Tra | she/her
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hey there @The_Sun_Inn, welcome back to the Seller Community!

I don't know the ins and outs of square POS but could you maybe add custom totals on of how much cash the customer is taking and manage it that way?

Hope this helps, if it does, mark it as best answer to help others in the future!

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 2 of 11
Beta Member

Hi @MJD , yes that is a possibility but may play havvoc with our accounting, will ask our accountants and see if it would work ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Message 3 of 11
Super Seller

Iโ€™d strongly advise against doing cash back when there isnโ€™t an official feature. Firstly itโ€™s probably in the terms not to, but also youโ€™re gonna be paying 1.75% to give your customers cash. 

Pizza Is Chill

Message 4 of 11
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @The_Sun_Inn, thanks for sharing this! We actually don't have the ability to offer cashback at the moment, but it's definitely a feature request that has come up before. I'll make sure to share this suggestion with the appropriate team for them to consider it. 

Tra | she/her
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 5 of 11

it does lack this,as should be standard in this age

Message 6 of 11
Beta Member

Hi Are there any further updates to this topic that anyone knows, I dont un understand why a card processing company like Square and not encouraging us all to offer cash back.

Message 7 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hi @NickHunter, thanks for raising this. We don't have any update on this feature request. I will make sure to share your feedback with the Product team.

Emma
Community Manager, Square
Message 8 of 11
Beta Member

this is a feature I would like to see also.

Currently we are having to add a button so a customer can pay a Bonus Ball with their card and then take that money from the till. I would imagine cash back would be a better way to track and monitor this charge?

Message 9 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hey @d4com, thank you for your post. We don't have an update on this feature request as of yet. But do keep an eye on our Seller Comunity as this is where we will announce any changes to this. 

Message 10 of 11
Beta Member

We currently offer cash back 

we have a separate category set up for reporting and itโ€™s set as a variable item. 
It also prints a ticket from printer where our staff write the amount on and then at the end of shift we do as a payout in cash management to balance cash drawer. 

not ideal but it works 

Message 11 of 11