x

Can customers include a personalisation note with order?

Hi there

Apologies in advance if my question is dim - I'm very new to all this! I am setting up an e-commerce store and would like to add in the option for customers to include a note with their order (for personalisation purposes.) I have the Professional plan - is this something I can do, and if so, how?! Many thanks for any advice.

Message 1 of 3
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hey @suzi_edg ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Yup - you can add a free comment field to an individual item (great if they're likely to order different custom items in one go as this will show up your end attached to each product) or you can add a comment field at the checkout that will show at the bottom of each order. 

Both are done on the online dash: 

For an item, navigate to items; site items & click on the item you want to add it too. 
Scroll down to modifiers, & click on manage modifiers: 
For the first item you need to create a new text modifier, but once done you can use the same modifier for all the items that need it by selecting it from the list. 

Screenshot 2020-12-02 at 09.33.12.png

To add a note to seller option at the checkout (you can have this as well as the option on items) you want to navigate to Settings; Checkout - then click on the Advanced Settings in the top right. 

The option is towards the bottom: 
Screenshot 2020-12-02 at 09.35.36.png

Pizza Is Chill

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hey @suzi_edg ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Yup - you can add a free comment field to an individual item (great if they're likely to order different custom items in one go as this will show up your end attached to each product) or you can add a comment field at the checkout that will show at the bottom of each order. 

Both are done on the online dash: 

For an item, navigate to items; site items & click on the item you want to add it too. 
Scroll down to modifiers, & click on manage modifiers: 
For the first item you need to create a new text modifier, but once done you can use the same modifier for all the items that need it by selecting it from the list. 

Screenshot 2020-12-02 at 09.33.12.png

To add a note to seller option at the checkout (you can have this as well as the option on items) you want to navigate to Settings; Checkout - then click on the Advanced Settings in the top right. 

The option is towards the bottom: 
Screenshot 2020-12-02 at 09.35.36.png

Pizza Is Chill

Message 2 of 3

Thank you SO much for your help - I cannot tell you how many hours of frustration you have saved me! 

Message 3 of 3