x
Beta Member

Clerk Tracking: Follow me

Hey @Square 

aby chance of getting clerk tracking enabled on restaurant POS? 

we use it in a busy bar and so can only use a POS to complete the entire sale - if someone logs off and logs in on their ID, the original transaction disappears.

example ID1234 logs in and enters a Peroni and a Tiki Bomb. They advise the customer the price and goes to take payment.

in the meantime ID6969 has swooped in and rung up their their customers order.

in all other POS systems when 1234 logs back in their order is still there but on square it disappears.

anya device or pipeline on this? 

cheers!

Message 1 of 9
Report Inappropriate Content
8 REPLIES 8
Super Seller

Hope you don’t mind me taggin you on this @tranguyen - has been sitting for a while & seems like an important FR for anywhere with multiple staff sharing the systems.

Pizza Is Chill

Message 2 of 9
Admin

Sorry I missed this @Millbar and thanks for tagging me @Sam_400º! This was flagged previously and have been shared with both Product team who looks after the Checkout flow and Team Permission behaviour, so it's on their radar for development.

I don't have an exact timeline to share at the moment but I'll be sure to follow up when I know more! 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 3 of 9
Beta Member

Hey @tranguyen 

thanks for the reply!

I’m glad it’s already been flagged, I do actually think of the general use base was canvassed you’d find lots of individual workarounds that businesses are using to get around this as it is a core  feature of any POS. I appreciate the systems that have been able to accomplish this are expensive, and the implementation would be complex as an element would have to be bought off cloud, but if the product team would like any tips on how it is technically implemented then I’d be happy to help,

cheers!

Message 4 of 9

Hi

We have multiple users setup to use a single Square POS at our bar. Ideally, when a user login changes we would like each user to maintain their own sale. Currently a single sale is maintained on change of user until either the sale is charged or a ticket created. In a bar setting this slows things down as each server would ideally add items to large orders as they are serving drinks, then cash out when the order is complete. Other users then have to wait until the end of the sale before they can start a new order.

If each user / login maintained a separate order / sale, this would avoid this problem.

Message 5 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hi @ARFC,

Thanks for reaching back out to us in the community 🙂 

Just to clarify, are you already using open tickets, and have individual passcodes for your team members already? 

Message 6 of 9

Yes to both, but creating a ticket is too slow for this purpose

Message 7 of 9
Beta Member

A feature like this would be very helpful for my business, I use a Square Register and Square Terminal in a Pub/Bar environment so having a separate sale specific to who is logged in would make the flow of sales a lot faster.

Message 8 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hey @KatieGlenn, thanks for flagging this! We don't have a timeline or an update on this feature as of yet, but we'll definitely make sure to provide an update as soon as we do. 

In the meantime, do keep an eye out on our Seller Community for all of our product updates! 

Message 9 of 9