x

Cost price & Selling Price

When adding items to your inventory I think it would be a really great idea to add a section where you put in how much it costs you to purchase that item as well as how much you're selling it for. That way the reports can show you Gross as well as Net profit. 

Message 1 of 9
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @KateD88 and @DerwentHouse, I just want to follow-up on this thread and let you know that Square for Retail is now available in the UK! You can find out more about tracking Cost of Good sold with Square for Retail here. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Admin

Hi @KateD88, thank you for your suggestion!

I can definitely see how this would be an useful feature on the standard Square Point of Sale system so I'll be sure to take note and pass it to our Product team.

I do know that you can add cost of goods as a line when using the Square for Retail, which is currently only available in the US. We're hoping to bring this to the UK soon so I'll be sure to reach out when I have a launch date for that too.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you in the meantime.

Tra
Message 2 of 9

This is something we would also love to see.

It would be useful to integrate this into Reporting so you could see cost price / sale price  information.

Message 3 of 9
Admin

Thanks for letting us know @DerwentHouse

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 9
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @KateD88 and @DerwentHouse, I just want to follow-up on this thread and let you know that Square for Retail is now available in the UK! You can find out more about tracking Cost of Good sold with Square for Retail here. 

Tra
Message 5 of 9
Beta Member

Hi, 

Is this available for square for restaurant yet?

Message 6 of 9
Admin

From checking on my end, this feature is only available with Square for Retail at the moment @VeganShack.

Tra
Message 7 of 9

Hi! I'm looking for the same feature but for services (cost of service).  Can anyone help me with ideas, please?

Message 8 of 9
Admin

Welcome to the Seller Community @DeboraTentis!

At the moment, there isn't a way to enter cost of service on Square; you can only enter the service price. It's definitely something I will share with the appropriate Product team so they can look into this functionality.

In the meantime, we do partner with a number of booking & scheduling systems that may be more suited to your business needs. You can find more about them in our App Marketplace

Tra
Message 9 of 9