x
Beta Member

Create option to hide out-of-stock / sold out items in checkout

As a seller creating one-off or small runs of my products, I want to hide items that I've already sold at checkout so that my checkout process is more streamlined. 

Would it be possible to add functionality so that I can choose to hide out of stock items? That way, my items list is shorter at checkout and it's a bit quicker for me and the customer. It will also increase accuracy if I can't accidentally select an item at checkout that I've already sold. 

Message 1 of 5
Report Inappropriate Content
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hey @FloBArt,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community ๐Ÿ‘‹

You can do this by making the item unavailable at one or more of your locations, via editing the item listing on your Dashboard:

Once you've removed the item from a location and saved, then the item won't appear when you're logged into the POS app at the given location. Hope this helps, let us know if you have any questions ๐Ÿ™‚

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

Thanks, Seamus!

It sounds like this needs to be done manually. If so, could there be some logic built in to allow this to happen automatically? May be a toggle in Settings to "automatically hide out of stock items"? So when I sell a unique item and the number in the inventory = 0, the item is greyed out or similar when I come to make the next sale.

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Hey @FloBArt, just stepping in for Seamus here!

It's definitely something I'll share with our Product team as a feature request. We're always looking to improve our existing system, and these feedbacks help us to do that.

I would also encourage you to check out our Beta Community to join and potentially get access to new features first when we test them out.

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

๐Ÿ‘Thanks Tra!

Message 5 of 5