x

Different Price Levels or Enhanced Discounts

We have three different price levels for the products at our bar:

- Gold Members

- Standard Members

- Guests

The way the price structure works is standard members pay £0.10 less per pint than Guests, and Gold Members pay £0.20 less per pint than Guests. These discounts vary by product (spirits are discounted less) and by option (half pints are discounted by half the amount a pint is discounted).

Currently we have set this up using options, but the POS gets quite cluttered and for each product selected the bar person must remember to select the correct option for the customer (e.g. Beer A - Pint - Guest, Beer A - Pint - Gold Member, Beer A - Pint - Standard, Beer A - Half Pint - Guest, etc). We then considered using customer group discounts, but it is too slow to select the customer when the bar is busy in order to apply the discounts.

What would we like is one of two options:

1. Being able to have multiple price levels for each product, with a single press of a button at the start or end of a transaction to apply the appropriate prices for that price level

2. Discount groups where we could apply product level discounts which are not automatically applied, which can then be grouped and applied at the end of a transaction. For example, Gold Member discount group would apply the applicable discounts for the items in the transaction:

Discount 1: 'Beer A - Pint' - Discount £0.20

Discount 2: 'Beer A - Half Pint' - Discount £0.10

Discount Group: Gold includes Discount 1 and Discount 2.

The pint and half pint are options on the item 'Beer A'.

Happy to supply further information about our requirements.

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Sorry for such a late reply, maybe as what will help you will be square loyalty when it lands in the UK, this will mean customers will be able to be recognised and given rewards for how often they shop with you, and the money they spend with you. I don't know fully how it works or whether it will perfectly fit what you're aiming for, but join the Beta Community to get early access when it is available, otherwise for now the only workaround I can think of is variations/modifiers/options (although I think you may have tried this) that have the different price brackets for you to input for the customer. Otherwise you could just provide select customers a discount code to use for now?

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 2 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content