x

Enable Barcode scanning from item menu

Beta Member

Enable Barcode scanning from item menu

HI,

Is it possible the barcode scanning option can be enabled on the item menu? It is already enabled for barcodes to be scanned from the main checkout screen but when you go into the back office part (3 lines) and enter the items menu you can choose from all items, categories, modifiers etc.. When you select all items it will allow you to search for any item in the inventory but is it possible the camera/barcode scanner can also be enabled. I am using the Square retail pos on a iphone. I would find this option very useful as it will speed up completing a stock take as you can scan the barcode to find the item instead of typing.

Thanks,

Ash 

0 Likes
1 Comment
Admin

Hi @Ash176, thanks for your post! I can definitely see how this would be an useful feature indeed, so I'll be sure to pass your suggestion to the appropriate team.

While it is not quite the same as a stock take/stock adjustment, I know that Square for Retail plus app let you receive stock from the app (this can be a manual stock received or from a purchase order) and you can scan the item to adjust the stock. It might be something of interests!