x
Super Seller

FR: Purchase Credits

Feature Request: Purchase Credits

Hi @tranguyen 

Does anyone know if there's a way to create a Purchase Credit?

We need to send stock back to the supplier, asking them to pass credit to us, so it's a reverse of a purchase order.

Thank you

Alex Jessey
Message 1 of 6
Report Inappropriate Content
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hey @amjessey, thanks for raising this!

I had a look from my end and creating a purchase credit doesn't look possible at the moment. I have yet to come across any workaround as well but I'll continue looking. 

This might be a good feature request to flag with our team. If possible, would you mind letting me know a bit more about how purchase credit work and what would be involved? Would reports also need to be update to reflect the credit?

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 6
Super Seller

In Square Retail, a Purchase Credit (PC) would be used anytime stock is being permanently returned to the supplier. It might be faulty, it might be on 'sale or return'.  Whatever effects receiving stock on a Purchase Order (PO) has on the reports, this should be in reverse for PC. In the same way stock on a PO can be marked as 'received', on a PC it would be 'sent back to supplier'.

NB purchase credits are not used when stock is sent to the supplier on a temporary basis (for servicing or repair which will be subsequently returned to the retailer).

NB purchase credits need to be financially accounted for. We use Xero for the accounts. The Amaka integration for Square/Xero does not include Purchase Orders (or Purchase Credits if they existed) therefore the PC needs to be replicated in Xero manually.

Alex Jessey
Message 3 of 6
Admin

Thanks so much for taking the time to share this @amjessey! It'd definitely be a good feature to have as it'll help with running reports and book keepings. I'll be sure to surface this with the Retail team so they can explore this option. 

Tra
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 4 of 6
Super Seller

Hi @tranguyen 

When returning items to our supplier we need to adjust our inventory in Square. How do we do this?

Thanks

Alex Jessey
Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @amjessey, Emma here stepping in for @tranguyen! You can update your inventory from your Dashboard > Items > Item Library > Edit item > Stock 

In the update reasons for stock, there is no option to add a custom note to specify that it is returned to the supplier. The most appropriate option you can choose is Re-count. 

Emma
Message 6 of 6