x
Beta Member

Feature Request: Apple Pay and Android integration on WooCommerce site

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Apple Pay and Android integration in websites]

While I can accept Apply Pay on the terminal and reader, it would be great to take advantage of the quick and simple Apple Pay checkout process available on desktop and mobile.

Message 1 of 8
Report Inappropriate Content
2 Best Answers
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @ProPhotographer, thank you for reaching out! I'm afraid at the moment, our integration with WooCommerce doesn't support Apple Pay and Google Pay at the moment. It has been flagged with our Partnership team as a feature request so hopefully we will be able to add this function in.

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 8
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for raising this @Louisa! The WooCommerce integration with Square does support Apple Pay. Before it can be added, your domain does need to be verified first. 

You can find more information on how to enable Apple Pay for your WooCommerce site here. If you are still running into an issue setting this up, the best thing is to submit a ticket with the WooCommerce team directly. The Integration is operated and managed by WooCommerce, so the team there will be more familiar with the product and be able to assist you with all your questions. 

Tra

View Best Answer >

Message 8 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Super Seller

@ProPhotographer - the option should be there if you look in the checkout area of the settings menu on the online dash. 

It’s also there when people pay invoices too & works well 👍🏻

Pizza Is Chill

Message 2 of 8
Beta Member

Thanks 400°! Is that only for the Square Online website or when integrating Wordpress and WooCommerce?

Message 3 of 8
Super Seller

@ProPhotographer wrote:

Thanks 400°! Is that only for the Square Online website or when integrating Wordpress and WooCommerce?

Ah - yes I’m talking about the square online site. 

There might be some trouble getting it to work on external sites due to the way Apple/Google implement it. 

I’m not that up on it - but when I was trying to do something with Wix before moving my site over to square I needed to add some code somewhere to prove something to apple/google pay & there was no way to do it. Not sure how it all works with Woo though as it’s been a long time since I’ve used it & was never very good at it anyway 😂

Pizza Is Chill

Message 4 of 8
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @ProPhotographer, thank you for reaching out! I'm afraid at the moment, our integration with WooCommerce doesn't support Apple Pay and Google Pay at the moment. It has been flagged with our Partnership team as a feature request so hopefully we will be able to add this function in.

Tra
Message 5 of 8
Beta Member

Thanks @tranguyen, this is great news!

Looking forward to it. 👍

Message 6 of 8

Is this option still unavailable.  I've tried to select the Apple Pay option in my WooCommerce Square settings but it says Apple Pay is unavailable.

Message 7 of 8
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for raising this @Louisa! The WooCommerce integration with Square does support Apple Pay. Before it can be added, your domain does need to be verified first. 

You can find more information on how to enable Apple Pay for your WooCommerce site here. If you are still running into an issue setting this up, the best thing is to submit a ticket with the WooCommerce team directly. The Integration is operated and managed by WooCommerce, so the team there will be more familiar with the product and be able to assist you with all your questions. 

Tra
Message 8 of 8