x
Super Seller

Feature Request: Customer Membership Cards

Hi,

I have an idea which I think might be useful if you could offer a way to print a hard card like the gift cards that could have a barcode on them (to scan with a reader or iPhone camera) and a code to type in that we could offer to our customers that would automatically assign them there customer profile. It would be so handy for membership, square loyalty or just a customer discount card. 

it would be a lot easier than typing or scrolling through a list.

Message 1 of 5
Report Inappropriate Content
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Thanks for sharing this @pigsnoseinn, that's a great suggestion! I'll make sure to share with the appropriate team so they can look into this for future developments.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help!

Tra
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

Hey, I'd like to 2nd this suggestion.

I'm currently implementing a system where we will be using Square Gift Cards as membership cards. 

I'm currently applying a 10% discount to a customer group but having to search for each customer, to add to the sale, uses a heafy chunk of time during the checkout process.

I'd love for the POS to be able to be able to automatically add the customer to the sale on swipe of their gift card so that their discount is applied without me spending time searching for each customer in the database.

Message 3 of 5
Admin

Hi there @SilverWingSC, welcome to the Seller Community ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Thanks for adding your interest to this feature request and for taking the time to explain how it would be beneficial for your business. 

It sounds like you have come up with a good workaround for the time being, but if I have any updates on this request in future, I'll be sure to follow up on this thread. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question โœจ
Message 4 of 5

Hi. I would very much like this as well. Searching for the customer is slow and can be prone to error on the Square Terminal.

What we could really do with is a card that we can use as a Square customer card bat also for access control. Itโ€™s a common thing in golf clubs and the like to have a card that can do both access and till.  

Message 5 of 5