x

Square Register: Searching for items on 'Add Item to Grid' screen

Super Seller Alumni

Square Register: Searching for items on 'Add Item to Grid' screen

We are using Square Register.

It would be helpful when trying to add an item to the grid to have the option to search for an item vs. having to scroll through the entire list to find the item we'd like to add to the grid on the home screen.

20210321_103656.jpg

14 Comments
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @jjgard

Welcome back to the Community!

Thank you for reaching out about this Feature Request. I will be happy to tag our Product Team, so they can see the great feedback. 

Beta Member

Apparently this exists in the Ipad version. Please can we have it on the android version. Manually scrolling through every item to add them to your grid is VERY annoying.

I request this every time I speak to someone at Square. Please, please, please (look I'm begging) make it happen.

What I’m finding very frustrating is that ALL my items in my Item Library are showing up in the checkout list - INCLUDING unavailable items that I keep listed for my personal reference. How does it make sense to list everything? I haven’t been able to find any way to modify this. It would be so helpful as for now I’m having to stick an SKU sticker onto each item so as to be able to update my website accurately later. It would be fantastic if it could be happening in real time whenever an item is sold.

Beta Member

I completely agree this is insanity that its not a feature.

What we do as a work around is just have an old iPad available, and set up the grid on the iPad. It transfers that over to our register.