x

Feature Request: Square Terminal as an extension to the restaurant app.

Super Seller

Feature Request: Square Terminal as an extension to the restaurant app.

I’m not sure if this has already been mentioned. I use both the restaurant app and the square terminal. At the bar, I find that a pos system works best behind the bar on the back wall however that can’t work with square because the customers also need to touch the same screen, so the pos is required to be close to the customer for them also to touch the screen.

my suggestion 
I think it would be great to ring up the customer on the restaurant app on an iPad and then instantly transfer the payment to the terminal to hand over to the customer to complete the payment.

Maybe on this screen, you could have a button “pay with square terminal” that could show up if a square terminal happens to be on the same network.

I like the terminal however for a restaurant it can be a bit time consuming having to scroll through all the products

AA2500D8-6221-4FDF-930C-A5647E00F573.png

2 Comments
Admin

Hi @pigsnoseinn, thanks for the suggestion! I will definitely flag this to our Product team as a feature request for consideration. 

In the meantime, you should be able to still take advantage of some Square for Restaurant features using Square Terminal, including taking payments with the Square Terminal. This article has a bit more information that may come in handy for you!

Super Seller

This feature has now been released.

Link below for more information:

https://squareup.com/help/gb/en/article/6546-use-square-for-restaurants-on-your-square-terminal