x

Feature Request: Support Automatic Discounts with Website Shop & Checkout Links

Beta Member

Feature Request: Support Automatic Discounts with Website Shop & Checkout Links

Can you “copy” the pos automatic discounts across to the website shop

currently on the pos you can setup automatic discount, for example buy 2 cocktails for £10, and when any qualifying products are added to the pos the discount is automatically applied or removed

this isnt possible on the website shop, with only a coupon setup available which you can’t set to match the pos

so trying to sell your pos offers online is difficult to impossible

if the discounts setup in the pos could be copied and applied in the website shop that would streamline promotions better and help online sales grow

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Support Automatic Discounts with Website Shop & Checkout Links

Hi everyone!

I'm excited to share that automatic discounts created on Square are now sync to the Square Online Site 🎉 

When you create your discounts, you'll see the option to make it available on your Square Online site. One thing to note is that category-based discounts are currently not supported. To use this feature, you will need to select individual items in your automatic discount rules.

Screenshot 2023-04-26 at 13.41.55.png

You can read more about how to use this feature in our Support Centre.

Let me know if you have any question!

16 Comments
Admin

Hi @Rick-PFC, thank you for reaching out! At the moment, discounts and coupons are not sync between Square and the Online site, but I can definitely see how this would be an useful feature.

We are always working to improve our systems, so I've passed this on to our Product team for future releases. Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you in the meantime. 

Super Seller

This post was merged from another thread: Feature Request: support Automatic Discount/ Discount Rules in Online Checkout Links

Hi @tranguyen

After speaking Emily in support, I have established that currently, Automatic Discount/ Discount Rules are only supported in Square POS. Therefore, this feature request is to support Automatic Discount/ Discount Rules in Online Checkout Links and Square Invoices.

Thank you.

Admin

Helen here stepping in for @tranguyen! Thank you for contacting our support team and for sharing the status of this request here in the Seller Community. This is a feature request we have heard before so if we do integrate automatic discounts and discount rules with online payments, including Square Invoices, we'll certainly announce it.

Super Seller

And in Square Invoices!

😊

Admin

I just updated my post to include Square Invoices! 😄

Beta Member

Hi everyone - I can see that this feature was requested over a year ago on the US community group, and there is apparently a feature request lodged, which is great news! the $64,000 question - @Helen do we know roughly when it may get looked at? It's great that the development team continue to bring new features to the software, but it feels like recent emphasis has been towards restaurant and takeaway sectors, which obviously from sales and marketing is great to differentiate Square from its competitors. However, the online offering could do with some beefing up if it is to gain market share. Auto discounts and promotions feels like it is long overdue. Gone are the days where customers expect to enter a voucher code at the checkout. Of course just my musings on the topic. Enjoy what's left of the weekend everyone.

Admin

Hi @foxflame, I'm just stepping into Helen here! We don't generally have an exact timeline as to when features are rolled out. This is because features can take time to bring out and sometimes, the team may need to switch their priorities to make sure we are developing new features while ensuring that the system is working as intended. There can be unexpected delays or issues that affect the development timeline for a feature as well, which can be hard to predict.

I really appreciate your patience as sticking with us. I'll definitely follow up on this thread when there are more information to share! 

looking forward to this request hopefully being trialled and rolled out! Being able to set up an automatic 3 for 10 when customers add 3 items to their basket on my website would make life SO much easier and result in more sales for sure. pretty please Square!

Super Seller

Hello @tranguyen 

We would like to see automatic discounts available Invoices please.

Please forward this request to your product development team. 

Thank you.

Beta Member

Is there any further news on this feature at all?  Sadly I'm going to have to head to another provider as it is a core part of my offering to automatically discount customers for purchasing certain numbers of products.