x
Super Seller

Feature Request: Test Mode

Please provide a test mode in all areas including POS and Invoices.

Alex Jessey
Message 1 of 10
Report Inappropriate Content
9 REPLIES 9
Super Seller

A test mode for what? Square online has a preview mode of thatโ€™s what youโ€™re interested in? Unless you want to be able to put false orders through to test how things will work, in that case elaborate on this post and hopefully @tranguyen or @Helen will be able to help you : ) if it is to do with square online, I can help to the best of my ability!

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 2 of 10
Super Seller

@MJD - it's in the Point Of Sale board so it'll be for a test mode within the POS. It's really common on old style PDQ machines & corporate systems. 

@amjessey - I've not had any problems showing any staff around (they're probably better at it than me!) but totally get where you're coming from.

While not the cleanest solution, it's pretty easy to void transactions within the POS & this would reverse stock/card/totals etc. if you train on the live system. 

Pizza Is Chill

Message 3 of 10
Super Seller

Ah didnโ€™t realise that @Sam_400ยบ just saw the square online label on it and thought Iโ€™d take a look glad you know youโ€™re way round this site better than me and will hopefully be able to help! 

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 4 of 10
Admin

Hi @amjessey, thanks for your feedback! It's definitely something that would be useful for a number of our sellers. I will definitely pass your suggestion to our team.

In the meantime, it's free to create an account and download the Square Point of Sale app so you could create a secondary account and used it purely as a test account. Or you can also create a secondary "Test" location on the same account and use it for demonstration. When you need to generate reports, you can filter that location out so it won't affect your reporting. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 5 of 10
Super Seller

Thanks @tranguyen Do Locations come with additional cost? We use Square Retail. 

Alex Jessey
Message 6 of 10
Admin

Thanks for letting me know @amjessey. Square for Retail is charged based on an account basis so in this case, the new location would cost extra. It might be better to create a separate account just for testing purposes in this case. 

Tra
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 7 of 10
Super Seller

Hi @tranguyen 

Ok, that would mean replicating everything exactly as it appears in the main account, which is possible but a lot of work. I think it may be necessary to continue testing in the main account.

Hopefully, the developers will take heed of this request for a testing mode. 

Thank you.

Alex Jessey
Message 8 of 10

Hi, has any progress made made on having a Test/Training mode?  Apparently the request has been with the development team for 5 years now!

Message 9 of 10
Square Community Moderator

Hi @GinGenie, there is no update on this feature request. If you are using Square POS app, I suggest to create a Test Location. If you are using Square for Retail, you can create an account for this purpose. 

Emma
Message 10 of 10