x

Feature Request: Customise the front on printed receipts

Beta Member

Feature Request: Customise the front on printed receipts

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Instore Receipts (Customisation)

I'm using one of Star Micronics receipt printers which are undoubtedly amazing so far. I love it!  Very slick and easy to use. Only issue I have is the customisation side of things.

The font the receipt used on the paper, can this be changed? For instance, where any notes are added to a product order the text is the same as the modifier text. It would be great if this could be italic or bold or slightly different to the other text.

Also, in the Square Dashboard I see you can customise your digital and printed receipts. I would absolutely love it if I could have my logo on the top of the receipts and add any additional notes. Do these only apply to the receipts and not online order, order stubs, instore tickets etc. I'm just curious because there's a digital and printed version of the logo you can upload and was wondering where can this be used when printing tickets?

0 Likes
3 Comments
Admin

Hi @thecafeguy, thanks for reaching out! While there isn't a way to customise the font at the moment, there should be some differences in how the item name and notes appear - usually notes, like variation, should appear in regular font while the item name is in bold. If you have a photo of your receipt handy, would you mind sending it to me?

Any customisation you made to your receipt on the Dashboard will be applied to your printed receipt as well! However, the logo will only be printed out on the receipt and not the order stub ticket.

For printed receipt, please make sure that the logo is formatted as strict black and white, without any colour or shades of grey, otherwise it won't be save properly. You can find out more about customising your receipts here

Beta Member

Perfect! Just checked earlier, it's only receipts and the logo comes out just fine.

In terms of the font differences it would be nice if any additional notes are a separate format to the modifiers/variations just to make it easier for people to tell apart anything.

Ham & Cheese Sandwiches

No Butter

(additional notes in italics or something to tell apart from the above modifier). I mean it probably isn't that much of a difference but worth a shot. I don't mind it but my front of house team pointed it out.

Admin

Thanks for letting us know @thecafeguy! It's a small change but I can definitely see how it can help, especially when it's busy. I've flagged that as a feature request now so our team will have eyes on it.