x
Alumni

New! Join our ongoing Square Contactless and Chip Reader beta program

Do you use the Square Contactless and Chip Reader to take payments? If so, we would love for you to participate in this beta program. 

As part of this Square Beta Program, you will get early access to new firmware updates and reader improvements, and be able to share feedback to directly improve the Square Contactless and Chip Reader experience.

To get involved and start testing, please comment “I’m in” or any variation of your excitement, in this thread. We’ll reach out to you with a confirmation email of your enrolment.

Additionally, please join our Beta Community. The beta community allows us to collect your feedback, get bug reports, and any additional information from you during this beta - as well as gives you access to other betas we may recruit for in the future. This is a dedicated community for you to connect to our Beta Team.

When you preview these new updates and provide feedback, you directly influence and improve Square products.

Now more than ever, we’re working to give you solutions that improve your business. Your feedback is so important to us and we thank you in advance, and hope that you, your employees, and family are staying safe.

Jess
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
3 REPLIES 3
Beta Member

Hi Jess... the thing that would hold me back is my fear that I might download a new firmware version that has a bug in it that prevents me from processing payments and I wouldn't be able to roll it back. 

Can you elaborate on what type of firmware updates you are planning (what would they do/what would change?) and what risk level there would be for us as participants?

Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

I'm Interested......

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

@the-refill-lady Essentially, it just means you would get the firmware updates that are pushed every few weeks a little early. There's very rarely any issues with the firmware, but its good for us to analyse the data to make sure any improvements we expect are working properly. 

@Jools As you know, I've reached out in a DM to get you get up 🙂 

Jess
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 4 of 4