x
Beta Member

Can I use Square Point of Sales on Android tablets?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Non Ipad point of sales

I know this has been covered but I can't find the topic. 

This is a seriously important issue.  There are lot of people including myself that DO NOT like Apple products.  I am of an age that was brought up with personal computers and I want to use a pc/tablet for my point of sales that not an ipad. 

The few times I have tried Apple products they all seem to work in a way that reverse to what I know.  At the moment I am only using the square reader and an android phone, but moving into a physical premises soon we need a point of sales that we can work with.  We don't want to move from Square but if Square don't introduced a Windows pc/tablet version for non-restaurant retail then we will have to look at another provider because we don't want to the expense and headache of having to swap over to ipads and learning how they work.  What is the current thought for Square and the timeline when this will be introduced?

Message 1 of 3
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @AlanTeather, thank you for reaching out! The Square Point of Sale is available to use on an Android tablet so you can definitely move from your phone to a tablet when you are in a physical premise. We also support a number of printers and cash drawer with our Android apps.

If you want to find out which tablet works with Square, please check our compatibility list here. For more information on which printers and cash drawer will work, please visit our Support Centre

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @AlanTeather, thank you for reaching out! The Square Point of Sale is available to use on an Android tablet so you can definitely move from your phone to a tablet when you are in a physical premise. We also support a number of printers and cash drawer with our Android apps.

If you want to find out which tablet works with Square, please check our compatibility list here. For more information on which printers and cash drawer will work, please visit our Support Centre

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Cushty. Thank you so much for the reply. I am so pleased and will investigate further.

Message 3 of 3